drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Quaibiqz - Artcore Breakz The Platinum 2012 Phrophecy
Go to the bottom of this page Quaibiqz - Artcore Breakz The Platinum 2012 Phrophecy
Author

Registration Date: 28-07-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Artcore Breakz The Platinum 2012 Phrophecy' and post your comments here!

95 smoking style dnb. Wanted to make something smooth and relaxing. Started making this a few weeks ago and just picked it up when i felt like it. I used ableton Live 8 and an apc20 with a broken old casio for the main midi controls.
29-07-2011 02:36
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Sorry, not feelin this. Might be the style, but I think there's some serious mastering problems to. The kick is almost inaudible, the snare and some hats almost sound distorted, which sounds out of place for a track like this.

Sorry man.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-07-2011 07:48 Homepage of Surya
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I totally love this.
The first DnB stuff I bought around 2000 was mostly this kind of stuff. I didn't like it back then, I mainly bought compilations because they contained 1 or 2 jump up tunes I liked. Over the years I got into Jazz and drumfunk and that opened the door to Artcore.
You did a great job, I could indeed imagine a lazy loungy day with a big spl!ff and this as a sound decor to support the "hihi, everything is funny" atmosphere. Keep'm coming!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
31-07-2011 15:28 Homepage of BattleDrone
godd godd is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

i can see where you're going with this - i'm really digging the atmosphere. that bassline is quite mysterious, and along with the background chords and fx this could be a really dreamy track. but it's a bit too glitchy for my taste, i think that the cymbals are too sharp, not really flowing and therefore kinda distracting. instead of just drowning in the music i can't help but divert all my attention to those hats.. i would bring that synth a bit more to the foreground, that would make your track a lot more musical. but overall very nicely done!
22-08-2011 15:37
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Quaibiqz - Artcore Breakz The Platinum 2012 Phrophecy