drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » krimmie2 - Leave
Go to the bottom of this page krimmie2 - Leave
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Please check out my new track 'Leave' and post your comments here!

Liquid drum & bass track

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
10-07-2011 21:55
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Was surprised by how loud the beats came in in the intro Smile
Vocal kind of sounds like it was just plopped in there, doesn't blend in with the rest.
The buildup with the filtered drums is nice.
Drop is nice but the bassline melody is the exact same one as the melody of the intro, which was a letdown. Also: the bassline could use a tad more sub.
Maybe add some more compression to the beats to make the snare blend in a bit more with the rest of the beats, now it sticks out a bit.

Overall, towards the end it starts sounding quite repetitive, with that same melody being repeated during the whole track, and there are hardly any variations to the drums either. Add some more variation!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

27-07-2011 09:37 Homepage of Surya
Quaibiqz

Registration Date: 28-07-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Don't know why the other reviewer voted this down it's quite nice, reminds me of that early jungle. Punchy drums make it quite grooveable and the structure is fairly dance friendly too. Only thing is perhaps I've heard a little too much stuff of this nature. It's inherently retro in style but thats a personal preference and many people probably crave this particular style. I think the high hats could used a little less reverb but a little more on some of the other parts. Perhaps too much compression as well? I'm not entirely sure as im just familiarizing myself with production. Overall a pretty solid track though.
29-07-2011 01:04
krimmie2 krimmie2 is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Thanks guys, finished the track meanwhile. Have a listen Smile ! http://soundcloud.com/n-gin/leave

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
30-07-2011 21:07
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » krimmie2 - Leave