drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Memory
Go to the bottom of this page FL Memory
Author

Registration Date: 08-07-2011

Hi, this is my first post. :-)

I have started to record guitar audio in FL9 and am now experiancing some problems relating to memory. 3 things in paticular.

The first was when I record guitar in Edison looping . I would have liked FL to let me continue run but it came up after a while with 'Out of memory'. I have to restart at this point losing data.

The second is that I can't find a way to load audio into edison when I double click on it. I want to take the audio into Edison and the manipulate it from a double click in the playlist.

The third problem was that when I double click a piece of audio it brings up the option to see where the file is stored but I can't import or load the data into anywhere and importantly the audio files picture icons have wierd images, as though they have been corrupted. Even C: and D: don't show as the normal icons just a blurry jpeg. The audio files still play though.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening? Cheers, Ste.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ste20man: 08-07-2011 01:45.

08-07-2011 01:23
jeffijoe jeffijoe is a male
xSky

images/avatars/avatar-3448.gif

Registration Date: 15-06-2009

Try running FL in Extended Memory mode.

__
--- My Soundcloud ---
Jeffijoe - Distance EP [CrossBase]

08-07-2011 09:30 Homepage of jeffijoe
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Maybe this isn't the answer you want to hear but this is how I do such things:
Use Audacity, I record up to 10 hours without anything going wrong.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
08-07-2011 11:10 Homepage of BattleDrone
ste20man

Registration Date: 08-07-2011

Thanks for getting back. 2 good answers.

I'll check into FL extended memory mode, sounds promising.

I didn't recognise you could use Audacity to record. Do you get good quality audio?
Sounds like I could do this and bring it into FL later on.
08-07-2011 16:10
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by ste20man
I didn't recognise you could use Audacity to record. Do you get good quality audio?

As good as any other program. Nothing special about it.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
08-07-2011 22:59 Homepage of BattleDrone
ill.effects ill.effects is a male

images/avatars/avatar-3123.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2010

edison uses ram to store the recording data so it's best just to use disk recording.
to do that you need to arm a mixer track!
1. select an unused mixer track
2. top right where it say's "in" choose you're input depending on your soundcard
3. below the meter for the channel you've selected the disck icon will be highlighted in yellow, double click on that and choose a file name for the audio you're gonna record i.e "guitar" n press save. You can do this for as many mixer tracks as you like depending on your sound card inputs!
4. make sure the light where it say's "3,2,1" on the tool bar at the top is on so it gives you a count in
5. press the record button on the transport bar and you'll see a list of options, choose record audio into the playlist as an audio clip, press play n off you go Smile
by default all audio is recorded into wav so they tend to be pretty big files so you're limited by your hard drive space, if you're recording 8 mixer tracks in one go make sure you have atleast 5 gig available on your hard disk for for 5-6 mins of audio Smile

__

21-08-2011 15:17
ill.effects ill.effects is a male

images/avatars/avatar-3123.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2010

as regards to editing you can drag n drop into edison from anywhere on your comp, or if the thing you want to edit appears in the browser just right click and select open in editor, or if it's an audio clip click on the wav symbol on the top left of the sample and select edit sample Smile

__

21-08-2011 15:37
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Memory