drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Studio monitor / external soundcard help - popping & crackling
Go to the bottom of this page Studio monitor / external soundcard help - popping & crackling
Author
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

ez all. I just upgraded to a pair of krk rokit 5s from a pair of some crummy alesis monitors that used usb. I'm using the Numark DJ i/o box to output audio to the krks, which i got a while back to run virtual dj & my dj controller for dicking around with mixing.

The problem is that since upgrading I now experience tons of popping / clicking, etc. during playback both in FL studio 8 & w/ general listening (like youtube vids or itunes). I've got FL recognizing the numark box using asio4allv2 w/ the buffer rate jacked up as high as it'll go

Outside of the DAW, the new setup is a total disaster. I know iTunes doesn't allow for asio4all output (not sure about media player or whatever i use to stream music on the net) & since getting the new monitors listening to anything on itunes is impossible - the clicking, popping & stuttering is out of control Mad streaming from the net isn't as bad, but any scrolling, page loading causes pops. - which to me seems like a buffer issue (i think?)

not sure if its my comp (dont rememb specs right now, but am running 32bit vista), the numark box, or maybe some weird interference???

any insight plz??? this is driving me mental! Huh

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
05-07-2011 21:01
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

My soundcard has a dedicated ASIO driver which performs better than ASIO4ALL.
Vista is known to be a troublemaker, I stayed on XP to avoid that.
My advice: look around for better drivers.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
05-07-2011 22:15 Homepage of BattleDrone
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

1 vote for better driver. okay thnx

stuck w/ vista til i get a new comp hopefully by the end of the summer

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
05-07-2011 23:20
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

asio4all is ok for basic set ups.
but as BD has just mentioned use the asio settings on your soundcard.

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
06-07-2011 08:56
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » Studio monitor / external soundcard help - popping & crackling