drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » best visual eq
Go to the bottom of this page best visual eq
Author

Registration Date: 11-06-2011

i see a lot of people taling about getting the right snare sound for certain types of dnb with 200hz ?? if i recall correctly as the popular choice to ensure it doesnt interfere with any other instruments to badly.

what i would like to know is that now i ahve some sounds i have which i am quite happy with what is the best way to test them to find out their characteristics. I have had a quick look at equo in fruity loops and that seems ok but i was wonderiong what everyone else does?

Thanks

T
12-06-2011 18:45
BBear BBear is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3251.jpg

Registration Date: 18-08-2010

quote:
Originally posted by Turbosatan
i see a lot of people taling about getting the right snare sound for certain types of dnb with 200hz ?? if i recall correctly as the popular choice to ensure it doesnt interfere with any other instruments to badly.

what i would like to know is that now i ahve some sounds i have which i am quite happy with what is the best way to test them to find out their characteristics. I have had a quick look at equo in fruity loops and that seems ok but i was wonderiong what everyone else does?

Thanks

T
Use parametric EQ 2 in FL.
12-06-2011 22:45
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Purely for analysing the signal I use Voxengo SPAN (free)
These are good tools to learn, but as you go along the road of production you'll discover that you use these tools less and less and you'll trust your ears and experience more.
When I load an old project I always wonder how many instances of Span I was using back then.
That 200Hz jabajaba is typical forum bullshit, forums tend to be about "doing things right", the formulaic approach. "When you follow these simple steps you'll sound just like Noisia" that sort of rubbish.

I wonder how many people will google "How to sound like noisia" and end up in this thread... Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
13-06-2011 14:26 Homepage of BattleDrone
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

You want to sound like Noisia? Hey, I want to sound like Noisia too! Let's be friends! Kiss

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
15-06-2011 21:44 Homepage of Phalanx
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » best visual eq