drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » mattyb - Work It(revisited)
Go to the bottom of this page mattyb - Work It(revisited)
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Please check out my new track 'Work It(revisited)' and post your comments here!

Here's a more complete version of a tune I uploaded a month or so ago. I'm terrible at eq/compression work so i'm sure there's a lot of tinkering that needs to be done. If anyone wants to take a crack at it (and uses reason 4) be my guest.
09-06-2011 15:20
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

yo i like it! try adding more sounds and riffs and cutting into the main flow and cutting it up through out the entire track. really awesome sounds though you did well here keep it up!
11-06-2011 06:50
Dethworm Dethworm is a male
Cymatics

images/avatars/avatar-2734.jpg

Registration Date: 11-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

Groovy! I use all Reason 4 as well. Use the parametric and LOW CUT EVERYTHING THAT ISNT THE BASS AND KICK. Also automation on the BP filter in the rex can do wonders for sick little drop ins. I usually start with a rex sample and then add redrum programmed by myself over it to really fill it out. The subbass sounds great and very full. Great little drop section for sure and make me WANT THAT PULSE (no homo). Snare could use a little more punch after the drop. Idea gets repetitive without more elements and edits. This is soo close just needs a tiny bit of edits and sick automations to keep it really slamming!

Riv

__

www.soundcloud.com/riveraccorsi
12-06-2011 02:55 Homepage of Dethworm
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

A bit long, try to keep it to 5mins....
See some good mix improvement tips on the other postings... go for it! Bigup

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
12-06-2011 21:50 Homepage of BattleDrone
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Love the snare man, how do you get it to stretch? I can never find samples long enough? Fairly good mixdown, bit repetitive could do with changing the bass riff up a little.
16-06-2011 22:34
FPP

Registration Date: 15-06-2011

Hello

I am working on Ableton so on Reason rather not help

ok play.....

starts well

kick is probably too much low frequency

after a longer listened to say that too loud snear

Mix is to dry, apply gently suggested I change the medium band

Generally skeleton is ok

Nice work.

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by FPP: 16-06-2011 22:58.

16-06-2011 22:57 Homepage of FPP
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

For the snare i use the best snare I can find, doesn't need a lot of sustain just a good crck in the right frequencies so i don't have to fuck with it too much then i layer a clap underneath that so you get the crack of the snare but the ring of the clap.
17-06-2011 03:08
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I like the intro, I think u could shorten the realease on the chords in the intro a little thou. The bass lvl seems just a little low 2 me. Beats r pretty tight. You can find info/charts bout eq/compression on the net, google the bitch. Som minor effects ere and der wouldnt go amiss either. big up
23-06-2011 18:13
Zaflon Zaflon is a male
Zaflon

images/avatars/avatar-3416.png

Registration Date: 13-06-2011

this is starting to sound like a real banga. The drop is brutal. the synths need to be warmer and murkier - they're a bit fuzzy and raw at the moment leading to a lot of congestion in your high mids.
Also the track still lacks progression, there isn't really a defined B-section and the track starts to loose enthusiasm about half way trough. The main issue here is the depth of your synthesis, the sounds lack a real personality, That phasing synth isn't doing you any favors iether, try something a bit wilder and bolder - you can afford to do this now as your beats are strong and will support a wilder sound. The main sample is quite cool but you could also do with a second sample to answer it or re-aply it again at a different pitch. Still - Cool track
23-06-2011 21:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » mattyb - Work It(revisited)