drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Far Away.. Right Bpm Hopefully!
Go to the bottom of this page SKINLEY - Far Away.. Right Bpm Hopefully!
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Please check out my new track 'Far Away.. Right Bpm Hopefully!' and post your comments here!

Well here it is peeps! After taking on all your good feedback, I'm pretty happy with the result. Added more mids to the snare, turned down the hats, and I also constructed a completely new 2nd drop! Played it out last night and it got a really good reaction, I hope it has the same effect on here! Although you do have to listen to it as a WAV to REALLY appreciate it imo. Hope you guys enjoy it..

MUCH LOVE .BE
02-06-2011 23:36
amptek amptek is a male
Jan Amparo

images/avatars/avatar-3225.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

This is well produced! Love the drum pattern you got going. Drums are sounding crisp and on point. Really love the vibe you've got going as well. So mellow, just my cup of tea.
04-06-2011 00:41 Homepage of amptek
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Your ghostsnares are a bit on the heavy side, they make it all sound a little bussy (even messy), either hi-pass them or use a different snare,
A good trick to make a ghost snare is to take the normal snare, hi-pass it at around 200Hz and turn the cut-off a bit down and the level down a bit.
The bass for the second drop is a good idea, but it needs some filter movement to make it come to life. It sounds a bit flat now.

Also the mixdown could use a tad extra to make all the istruments stand out some more, it sounds a bit flat now.

Very good improvement compared to your previous tune. Keep working on this, you have what it takes.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-06-2011 20:09 Homepage of BattleDrone
Subkinetik Subkinetik is a male
Cupid Stunt

images/avatars/avatar-2802.jpg

Registration Date: 24-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

I agree with everything bd said. not too sure about the 2nd drop. that bass synth doesnt feel right after the first half but maybe thats just my ears. good track tho, keep at it mate.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/SUBKINETIK
05-06-2011 01:41 Homepage of Subkinetik
kanibalboy kanibalboy is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3011.jpg

Registration Date: 28-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Nice work! lovely tune here!
11-06-2011 06:51
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Far Away.. Right Bpm Hopefully!