drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DrewTweedyMusic - Drew Tweedy - Forever And Always
Go to the bottom of this page DrewTweedyMusic - Drew Tweedy - Forever And Always
Author
DrewTweedyMusic DrewTweedyMusic is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 12-02-2011

Please check out my new track 'Drew Tweedy - Forever And Always' and post your comments here!

My first drum & bass song, i used breakbeats from this site, and various other copyright-free samples, and a lot of my own samples. the keyboard solo at the end was actually played by me, although i edited it a lot to stay on beat. http://soundcloud.com/drewtweedymusic

__
Most recent track:
http://soundcloud.com/drewtweedymusic/unwashed-grapes-v2
Go to http://www.Youtube.com/drewtweedymusic to hear my stuff!
24-05-2011 17:33 Homepage of DrewTweedyMusic
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez drew.
as a first effort its pretty decent Smile
The sounds dont quite gel enough for my taste, but thats something you pick up..

I wont bore you with technicalities and things I didnt like, it was ok overall- and if you keep on making the tunes you'll naturally improve.

Couple of things to watch for:

breaks- keep em crispy and tight. but not so tight they sound like they're native from a drum machine (unless thats the intention)

keys- pick chords/loops that complement each other. I know they should eb in key etc, but I go by my ears if it sounds right- its right!

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
24-05-2011 17:43
analysiss analysiss is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 02-10-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i like the intro keys although 1 of the notes sounds out,defo nice build up although id probley bring the drop earlier (was expectin sumthing more deep from the drop)but thats just my taste if it was my track i would try playin with sum different bass- cool mate
24-05-2011 19:22
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Piano sounds more like a ballad than a DnB tune to me, cut out some lo-end from the piano as soon as the drums come in. The drums sound pretty techy which is a bad match with the piano.
The drop sounds like a totally different tune and seems to be quite mono. All in all it is a good piece of music, but it's not DnB.
If I had to choose between dropping this in a club or using it as a soundtrack for the home video from the last trip to the beach I would go for the beach.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
25-05-2011 08:47 Homepage of BattleDrone
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by DrewTweedyMusic
First of all, i was really hoping that was a drop. and it disappointed me.
You did a great job with the drums, and the kick sounded nice on my speakers.
The synths you used sounded too off, and i had to turn up my bass speakers to much to hear the bass. work on the balance more, and maybe try to give the synths a little more energy, because they feel like a dull drone.
But overall it was a good effort, and with a little more work, this could be a really good track in my opinion.

Sorry mate but you need to be close or up to par with the tunes that you review and this aint it!

Thanks for the comments tho....i thought you knew what you were talking about for a second there!
26-05-2011 21:46
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Bit of a boring intro, but I like the progression. I can appreciate your musicality, which is what I base my music on. The drop isn't loud enough, needs some stereo imaging, not sure if you've tried mastering? The hats and the snare sound too similar. Overall a nice tune, just needs phattening a little!
29-05-2011 19:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DrewTweedyMusic - Drew Tweedy - Forever And Always