drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Far Away..
Go to the bottom of this page SKINLEY - Far Away..
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Please check out my new track 'Far Away..' and post your comments here!

I decided to take a trip into the deeper side, need to change the structure, I was thinking about 1 early break and that's it but I think it needs a second break too, not finished just need to know if I should carry on with it? Hope you enjoy

PEACE .BE

This track has been deleted on the producer's request
21-05-2011 02:28
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Drums are tight, atmoz is great, drop is nice and deep, i would certainly keep goin on this one, the bassline has a good texture, leve it man

rspct

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

21-05-2011 09:20 Homepage of tryptech
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Really like it. I would add some kind of really shuffley break under the drums and maybe switch up the hat every 16 or 32 beats, change it to an open. Turn down the sax and vocal a bit. other than that it's pretty good. Oh and maybe layer a higher pitched snare to get a good crack. Or layering a clap underneath really adds dynamic to snares. Maybe some swishes and shit before the drop will really help it kick in. Overall super good job on this one. I'd mix this.
21-05-2011 15:27
Subkinetik Subkinetik is a male
Cupid Stunt

images/avatars/avatar-2802.jpg

Registration Date: 24-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

you definitely have the ability to create some really class tracks. i think the only things holding you back on this one is the drum programming. not too sure if they need changing into a second one, they just need to 'roll' better in my opinion. the other thing is there doesnt seem to be much variation.
i think youre doing what i used to do. you think its the best thing youve done so far so you dont wanna change anything in case you mess it up. dont be afraid to play around with your work, you can always save it, or copy your loops so you still have them. one off 'mistakes' can often fit well too.
not sure if that is what youre doing but thought id try help anyway.
think of it like a geared rollercoaster. you wanna start off slow in a low gear, but still keeping the listener interesed so he doesnt wanna just get off. then build up to the big drop. when it drops you wanna keep the listener's adrenaline going with all the twists, turns and unexpected bends, in top gear. then slow it down a bit and do it all again but differently.
hope this helps

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/SUBKINETIK

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Subkinetik: 22-05-2011 18:11.

22-05-2011 18:07 Homepage of Subkinetik
JumplnTheFire
Producer

Registration Date: 10-12-2010

I think the buildup should have been a bit more pronounced. Snare is... interesting. Maybe layering it with a clap or w/e would help make it sound... fuller.

This track has a unique vibe to it. Cool ideas.
24-05-2011 01:25
sAv sAv is a male
sAv

images/avatars/avatar-3397.jpg

Registration Date: 10-08-2009

good good good idea ! very lovley, i like your choose of instruments! a good warm voice. you realy understood creating harmonics! respect ! i am working on sounds like this too! one bassline, with different melodies in different instruments/voc good idea! negative points for me, drumwork is boring for me, i think, you where happy after creating this drumline, but the whole song? Wink dont worry, its a bit boring, try to make only one other beat (more simple but powerful) and this second beat but in,anytime this voice comes alongSmile . drumsound isnt the best, hats are a way to loud, snare should be pitched more higher, bassdrum needs alot of more kick/punch. stop drum before every "leading" begins or make a fillbeat or just let this mainbeat play 1time at reverse Wink
bassline maybe needs a bit more midFrequ, try a filter, notch or low-mid cut. overall good work, i am impressed!

can you tell me where you find this vocal?

__
www.soundcloud.com/savdnb

25-05-2011 00:38 Homepage of sAv
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

wow, sounds great at 0.59!! great how you put those vocals in there, also really like the bass. guitarish melody also fits well. drums fit the track really nice imo, maybe the hats could be turned down a little and some more variation added. respect man, awesome stuff, you should defo carry on, would love to hear it finished.

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
25-05-2011 12:50
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Far Away..