drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Subkinetik - Blast
Go to the bottom of this page Subkinetik - Blast
Author
Cupid Stunt

images/avatars/avatar-2802.jpg

Registration Date: 24-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Please check out my new track 'Blast' and post your comments here!

Started with a dnb beat which turned into hardcore after a little sidechain experiment on reason. Then decided to try and mash the two together and decided to try it over the top of some dubstep synths of mine. After playing around with the envelope on the filters and some jump up dnb notes, this is what came out. lemme know what you think and if you think its worth finishing. Also what genre it is? im swaying towards old school hardcore

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/SUBKINETIK
18-05-2011 00:15 Homepage of Subkinetik
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

I'm kinda digging it. An Amen or at least some shuffley beat underneath it would sound nice. The snare needs to be brought up and maybe layered with another one to make it more powerful. Can't really hear the kick either. It gets kind of repetitive so it should be changed up. Overall it's pretty sweet, def can picture the candy kids stomping around to it.
18-05-2011 02:50
Subkinetik Subkinetik is a male
Cupid Stunt

Helpfulness rating: 

noted, thanks for the feedback

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Subkinetik: 18-05-2011 05:56.

18-05-2011 02:58 Homepage of Subkinetik
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

hmm not really my style this one. on my system the kick is a little too silent. i like the fx-sounds in there, not really in love with the "bass-hook" (thou it sounds dirty and powerful, i think its just not the right melody for my taste). powerful tune, i guess i would just turn down the bass just a little and put some more variation in the drums. cheers Wink

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
18-05-2011 19:19
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

I was getting a 4x4 dillinja feel (thugged out bitch) for a minute, but the snare is obviously not a DNB snare so I'm not sure what you should call it! Nice ideas.
18-05-2011 20:47
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

I would have turned this into drumstep.
Nicely done though.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
18-05-2011 20:49 Homepage of BattleDrone
Subkinetik Subkinetik is a male
Cupid Stunt

Helpfulness rating: 

@mattyb
thanks, amen is now underneath it. had a few eq problems at first which is why i left it out in the first place but i think ive got it now. layered a snare over it and now it sounds nicer than it did, more like a dnb/jungle snare now. also added some variation in the octaves, notes and envelopes on the bass synths.

@shir pan
done some stuff with the kick. its still not the most powerful kick going but its the only one i can find that fits the mastering and ive still even had to process and automate it loads through the different stages of the track. No reply on the bass hook comment but i have added a little treat on the second half of the track which will hopefully more than make up for the drum variation Wink

@SKINLEY
thanks. ive altered the snare now a bit anyway. its now a multi genre track anyway.

@BattleDrone
thanks. havent turned it into drumstep but i have added a little drumstep pattern drum hook at the end of each 'verse' on the first half of the track, and also a drumstep type pattern on the breakdown.

This track has truely been moulded by .be and i have a nice little suprise in store on the second drop for those who go way way back on the dnb scene Wink

__
18-05-2011 21:59 Homepage of Subkinetik
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Very special style, sometimes the mixdown is quite sharp and lacks some warmth in the basslevels

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

19-05-2011 21:53 Homepage of tryptech
JumplnTheFire
Producer

Registration Date: 10-12-2010

Sounds a bit too sharp high up in the spectrum, lacking in the lower bass levels. Pretty much what tryptech said. I like BattleDrone's drumstep idea, would be cool to hear what that would sound like. Nice and heavy though, I'd skank/2-step out to this for sure, keep working at it!
19-05-2011 22:04
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Subkinetik - Blast