drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Alexius releases first album! DnB/dubstep/random
Go to the bottom of this page Alexius releases first album! DnB/dubstep/random
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3394.png

Registration Date: 07-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I haven't messaged anything on drumnbass.be in a looong long while, but i thought i'm gonna come back to you guys Smile

Anyway, i've just released my first album under the new alias Alexius (it's my middle name) and i thought i might share it with you guys. The two top tracks IMO is Wallmachines and Filth! Have a listen Smile

www.soundcloud.com/a-l-e-x-i-u-s

__

17-05-2011 19:43 Homepage of terraon
terraon terraon is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Here's a little wip of my latest track:

http://soundcloud.com/a-l-e-x-i-u-s/pn-f-nstervax-wip

it's kinda like gritty trip hop/reggae of some kind

Smile

__

18-05-2011 23:20 Homepage of terraon
doolhoofd
discobol

images/avatars/avatar-3386.jpg

Registration Date: 02-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

How to register as a producer and upload tunes to the site

The forum rules are the same for everyone...

__
.:::GENERATIONS PASS:::.
.:::CIVILISATIONS DIE:::.
.:::THE BLiNK OF AN EYE:::.
.:::IN GALACTIC TIME:::.
19-05-2011 18:08 Homepage of doolhoofd
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

if you noticed he all ready is registered as a producer.
19-05-2011 20:40
doolhoofd
discobol

images/avatars/avatar-3386.jpg

Registration Date: 02-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Ah. Yeah. Euh... sorry.

Sorry!

__
.:::GENERATIONS PASS:::.
.:::CIVILISATIONS DIE:::.
.:::THE BLiNK OF AN EYE:::.
.:::IN GALACTIC TIME:::.
19-05-2011 20:50 Homepage of doolhoofd
JumplnTheFire
Producer

Registration Date: 10-12-2010

Woah man, Wallmachines is dark and dirty (yet extremely clean at the same time Tongue ). I wouldn't change a thing.

Doden is pure glitchy, dark bliss. Man these tracks are sounding clean.

Vice Versa is dubstep done right.

I feel like Marks could use a bit more low end presence. My sub isn't rumbling quite as much as I'd like it to. Everything else is awesome though. Vocals are sweet but maybe a bit too high in the mix.

I thought I was in for some trip hop with FMF but then the wobbles came in haha. Don't like this one as much as Vice Versa but it's still great.

Concrete Walls was slightly boring at times, but then again I'm really hard to keep stimulated Tongue

Filth is... well... filthy haha. Loving the vocals here, pure, brutal hateful swag Tongue

Overall it the album was awesome. Production is top notch. Keep making music man.
19-05-2011 21:45
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by doolhoofd
Ah. Yeah. Euh... sorry.

Sorry!

Quite alright my good sir, everyone makes mistakes. The reason why i didn't upload on this site was because it's a whole album and it would only be complicated to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by JumplnTheFire

Woah man, Wallmachines is dark and dirty (yet extremely clean at the same time Tongue ). I wouldn't change a thing.

Doden is pure glitchy, dark bliss. Man these tracks are sounding clean.

Vice Versa is dubstep done right.

I feel like Marks could use a bit more low end presence. My sub isn't rumbling quite as much as I'd like it to. Everything else is awesome though. Vocals are sweet but maybe a bit too high in the mix.

I thought I was in for some trip hop with FMF but then the wobbles came in haha. Don't like this one as much as Vice Versa but it's still great.

Concrete Walls was slightly boring at times, but then again I'm really hard to keep stimulated Tongue

Filth is... well... filthy haha. Loving the vocals here, pure, brutal hateful swag Tongue

Overall it the album was awesome. Production is top notch. Keep making music man.

Thanks for the reply! That was the greatest review i've gotten so far on my tracks! Really appreciate the effort to comment the tunes! Smile

I really agree with you on Marks about the sub-bass. Thing was that i started that project with Spark (the rapper) like a year ago and when it was time to mix the damn thing everything was really weird premixed and i tried to save most of the material (that took an awfull alot time) and i ended up just bouncing the track and call it "finished". When i get time i should probably "re-mix" it. Smile

__

20-05-2011 01:07 Homepage of terraon
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

def A+ production on those. Some are more to my taste than others but overall very well produced.
20-05-2011 03:29
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by mattyb
def A+ production on those. Some are more to my taste than others but overall very well produced.

thanks man Smile

If anyone wants a quick tutorial on any sound/mixdown on the tracks, then just ask.

__

22-05-2011 14:55 Homepage of terraon
JumplnTheFire
Producer

Registration Date: 10-12-2010

No problem for the review. Following you on Soundcloud!

I wouldn't mind a quick tutorial on the mixing =D

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JumplnTheFire: 24-05-2011 01:21.

24-05-2011 01:18
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

IMO the best mix was on Wallmachines. It was a pretty simple one to mix as well.

Drums:
Kick + Snare sent to bus 1. Hihat/loop/shufflepercussion sent to bus 2.
Bus 2 is sidechained to bus 1 about a 2:1 ratio. Bus 2 is also lowpassed around 150hz i think.
Bus 1 hits about -8dB and bus 2 about -10/12dB i think.

The thought was to have the whole track peak around -4dB and RMS about -6/8dB.

The various basses hits about -9 dB i think. All individually EQ:ed and sidechained to bus 1. Pads+choirs+fx's are fitted into the frequency spectrum where no others elements peak. So about 600hz-1.2Khz i believe. The basses are around 100-500hz and then there's a subbass underneath (also slightly sidechained to bus 1).

All reverbs are lowcutted around 300hz (so there's no rumble in the lower freq).

I bounced the whole track and used Ozone 4 for mastering. Set maximizer threshold to about -5/6dB so there would still be dynamics, though feel present through the whole track. I also used some multiband compressors to tame the higher frequensies abit and make the drums more snappy.

__

24-05-2011 18:57 Homepage of terraon
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Alexius releases first album! DnB/dubstep/random