drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Getting There...
Go to the bottom of this page SKINLEY - Getting There...
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Please check out my new track 'Getting There...' and post your comments here!

My Second serious attempt at production and mastering. Constructive criticism welcome
15-05-2011 21:48
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

For a second attempt this is really really good.
Keep going at it.
The mid part of the bass is a bit overly loud for my taste. The high mids in the mix are pushed to the limit, it would be good to not compress them too much. A tad more bass wouldn't hurt.

Nice tune BTW.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
16-05-2011 00:05 Homepage of BattleDrone
gripz gripz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-12.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.33

nice vibe m8,

Have 2 agree with DB on the mid part of your bass, it kinda lay's on top of the rest.
i also think that the "drumstick" sound at 2:22 could use a bit of variation and maybe a little bit volume reduction.

Overall this is a great tune, i can c lot's a girls shacking there business at this 1 Bigup
16-05-2011 12:08
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

nice ideas here, like the melodies i think they have quite a potential. not so in love with the drums thou, snare sounds too "white-nois-ish" for my taste, kick could have some more power too. like the fx-sounds you use from time to time. bass sounds sweet too. i can imagine the tune goin well with some different drums Wink cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
16-05-2011 19:14
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Really appreciate the feedback guys, thank you. A little over-indulgence on Ozone maybe the reason! Still getting to grips with it, I'll get there eventually...
16-05-2011 21:32
amptek amptek is a male
Jan Amparo

images/avatars/avatar-3225.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Wow... this is something new! What a creative and brilliant piece of work here Skinley. Really love the use of instruments here and your fx. Drum work is nice, but it could use more punch or grit to it to really get the tune rolling. Then again, this could be the way you see the tune because it is you who is the artist not we. So keep up the good work man! Really love the ideas in this tune. Very original, a Skinley Art.

Oh.. just a small tip: Maybe try adding some groove to the overall drum beat to give it that natural drummer flow. Big Grin
17-05-2011 18:58 Homepage of amptek
Subkinetik Subkinetik is a male
Cupid Stunt

images/avatars/avatar-2802.jpg

Registration Date: 24-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

intro sounds interesting, had big drop expectations. lovely use of effects on the build up but could do with a sweep or something just to add some tension. the drop is a little bit weak for my liking but still not too bad.
the bass sounds a little eratic but still works. the track goes on a bit and i find myself starting to lose interest half way through. i can hear variation but its still not gripping enough. liking the little drum variations before the breakdown. second breakdown contains that sweep i was looking for in the right place. second drop has a little more impact but the melodies sound a little strange to my ears

mastering is ok. the bass needs some more sub on it. try boosting the lower frequency on it. i may be nitpicking but drums sound a little dry for my liking but thats just my preference. i think maybe a little volume variation in all of your drums could add a little bit more to this track. the snare is a little too bright and hissy for my liking too.

nice original use of sound effects here. not too much and all in the right places.

overall a really good second attempt and this track has a bucket load of potential. keep at it and youll be a pro in no time with a learning curve like that.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/SUBKINETIK
18-05-2011 02:34 Homepage of Subkinetik
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » SKINLEY - Getting There...