drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » gripz - Big Time (second Version)
Go to the bottom of this page gripz - Big Time (second Version)
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-12.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.33

Please check out my new track 'Big Time (second Version)' and post your comments here!

uploaded an unfinished version 2 day's ago.

Many thanks for all the nice feedback i got.
Your comments where really helpful.

hope u enjoy
13-05-2011 11:23
InsideCorrosion InsideCorrosion is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3511.jpg

Registration Date: 07-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

hello mate,

01:10 First impressions are This sounds fucking powerful! has got some real beef to it, pretty interesting start to the tune too.

01:30 Really love that piano and the melody here, you really capture that rave vibe with that little section nice work mate.

01:53 wow nice drop thats definatly a crowd pleasing moment, really nice low end too.

04.00 nice filtering on that background ambience.

04:11 That change up was pretty cool would have liked to hear a bit more of that.

5:10 Nice job in striping back the sounds and windind down the tune in an interesting way.

Summary:

A really nice tune which is well produced and well mastered. Would be nice to hear a dialogue sample in the tune somewhere just to give it a bit more texture, and maybe a nice oldskool type vocal for the piano 'rave' style section, maybe stretch that out a bit too cuz its great and people love to hear that in a good heavy dnb tune which this is. Big ups mate and keep up the good work.

13-05-2011 12:41 Homepage of InsideCorrosion
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

Honky bizzle! I'm loving this track for sure. Nice trancy feel to it. I was taken surprise by the drop too. Sounds a little busy in there though, might be worth EQ'ing the bottom end out of a few of your sounds. Certainly one for download though. The tune just gets better as you get further into it too. It just sounds a bit wishy washy, and your kick is too bass heavy, I'm sure thats whats taking a lot of character away from the other sounds too. What DAW are you using? Once you have your spacing down, and EQ. Run this little bad boy through Ozone and you're away! Please have a listen to my latest project, where I've really focused on EQ and producing the best possible sound.

SKINLEY
www.soundcloud.com/skinley
15-05-2011 19:53
gripz gripz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-12.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.33

thank you both for the nice reply's Beer

@insidecorrosion : i'm actually talking with a female singer 2 do vocal's on this track. So fingers crossed for that oldskool vibe. If i get the vocals, i'll be doing a different mix of this song tho.

@skinley :i use FLstudio. got ozone but when i ran it trough it the filtered kick in the intro just ripped trough any cheap speaker i had.so i'll be taking some low end of them as u suggested.Could u plz explane the difference between spacing and EQ'ing? i thought they where 1 and the same.

PS: i saw your soundcloud picture, congrats on the kid.
16-05-2011 12:26
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

WHOA! Almighty tune man.
16-05-2011 22:05
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Much better than first one man, bass is little too raw for the track, its eating away the drums a little
rspct

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

19-05-2011 21:57 Homepage of tryptech
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » gripz - Big Time (second Version)