drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dj Casket - The Flow
Go to the bottom of this page Dj Casket - The Flow
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 26-02-2008

Please check out my new track 'The Flow' and post your comments here!

Written on FL9
plugins used
Nexus
Fm8
Philharmonic Orch.
Toxic 3
korg legacy cell

My style is usually a bit more obnoxious but im
always doing new things. this is my first dnb track in a long long while. All comments appreciated

This track has been deleted on the producer's request
10-05-2011 22:49
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

nice vibe, the bass seems 2 go off beat and tune which i dont like much thou. not bad thou
10-05-2011 23:18
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Very warm and well arranged intro.
Snare sounds a bit thin an totally mono. This sounds dull in a tune that has great stereo on the other elements, why not add a tad of stereo on the snare (>1Khz) and the percussion?
Pads are too loud and I would take out a bit of bass.
Not too fond of those drumvariations, there's already a lot going on so no need for the drum changes.
The whole arrangement sounds a bit like midi on a standard instrument set. I say "a bit" because I mean a bit and not a lot.
Some organ style instruments sound fantastic in there.
You made a very entertaining piece of DnB there, but it's more a symphony than a tune (you know: club style). I would have loved to hear a typical tune with these elements. But hey, you showed great talent here, I could never do this, my tunes are usually repetitive like hell Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
10-05-2011 23:21 Homepage of BattleDrone
Dj Casket Dj Casket is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 26-02-2008

the organ sounding instrument is an electric piano preset i used from the superquartet vst plugin. i forgot to add that in the plugin list. and yeah a lot of this was recorded midi with an akai mpk 49. i like actually playing some things vs penciling it in to give it more feel (velocity and tiny inperfections). I guess i still find it difficult to leave things so plain. I try to make all my songs in all genres interesting at every avenue.

ps to the guy that said the bass is out of tune. At exactly what point does it sound wrong? I just played the core notes to every melody. im pretty sure everything is solid. and i added an LFO to the sub bass in most of the track to make it a bit interesting. i penciled in the amount of LFO perfectly so that it was on time.. so im a bit confused.. but thanks anyways for the comments.
10-05-2011 23:55
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dj Casket - The Flow