drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » mattyb - Work It
Go to the bottom of this page mattyb - Work It
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

Please check out my new track 'Work It' and post your comments here!

First half of a new tune.
06-05-2011 17:35
InsideCorrosion InsideCorrosion is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3511.jpg

Registration Date: 07-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Hello mate,

First impressions are really good, nice clear punchy sound and good intro to take me to the drop. The bass has a really nice warm deep feel but the kick drum sounds alittle low in the mix and the snare sounds abit too sharp/loud IMO mate. I love the change at 3.36 the vocal sample sounds good and fits well with the tune, now this is starting to remind me of dj fresh - big love which deffo aint a bad thing Smile Nice job here man, alot of potential with this. Big ups and much respect.
07-05-2011 20:32 Homepage of InsideCorrosion
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

after working on it for a while i realized the ravey synth stab reminds me of Gold Dust.
08-05-2011 16:39
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Great idea with that drumbreak! Spot on!
The 2 synths in the intro go off tone at 0:39 and several times after that.
I like the progressive buildup which helps to extend the intro. The drop is a bit crowded, things are fighting a bit for the available space. Maybe you should add some room in your mix.
Tune has huge potential though.
The drop tends to get a bit boring imo, it needs some synths from the intro or something (lo-pass the midbass when that happens so you have free space). The sub is really really loud in the mix, I think that turning it down would help a great deal. The vocal which gets added later on isn't very appealing, sounds like a female voice being pitched down to depression level.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
08-05-2011 19:22 Homepage of BattleDrone
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Nice intro. I like your snare although I would try pitching your kick down very slightly (if you can, just by one semitone) Like your build-up for the drop. Reminds me of older Sub Focus, pretty cool. Good work.
09-05-2011 13:35
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Awesome. I think my monitors handle bass so well that I tend to crank it up and don't realize on other systems it is probably over powering. As for the pads I gotta switch up some notes so they don't clash. Eqing isn't my strong point so I there are some highs in there that are ear splitting. Thanks for the tips as always. Hopefully ill be able to stick with this one and finish it up instead of moving on like I usualy do.
09-05-2011 20:09
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Well done, nice arrangement, snare could be little snapier,and some variation in the bass line every 8 bars
good mix

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

10-05-2011 22:35 Homepage of tryptech
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

well-working intro, i can feel the tension in there, pushing drums. after the drop i can barely hear the kick. melody is nice, good variations in there. new touch at 3.36 sounds nice but comes a bit too sudden imo (maybe introduce those vocals earlier). nice track overall. cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
12-05-2011 19:54
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez matt.
typing as i listen.

liking the uptempo vibe on the intro..
vocal repeat gets very annoying by the time of the drop.
drums are hectic but cool Smile

Synth pre drop needs more width/weight imo. Sounds a bit flimsy.

@1:48 is nice!!

ok bored now @ 2:23.. needs more variation/switch up post drop.

General idea is cool, but that repeating vocal sample makes me want to stab kittens by the tracks end!

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
12-05-2011 21:02
gripz gripz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-12.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.33

I really like the synth of ur intro.

The vocal samples r great, tho i think u should apply the "less is more" rule of thumb throughout ur song regarding ur vocal samples.
Use them sparingly at times they really work and shine.
wouldn't want impact 2 go on a kitty stabfrenzy Devil

The beats are awesome, i don't have any comments on those.
except Drummer

as most have pointed out u need 2 add variation but because u'r still working on it i guess u still have 2 do that.

1:48 is nice but i also think u made bit of a compressor nono here.

overall a good track and with a bit of work it could be a great tune.
nice work Bigup
13-05-2011 12:03
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

made a bunch of changes. since the vocal "UH WORK IT" is part of the break (james brown - i'm black and i'm proud" i re sequenced it so it doesn't keep the same pattern during the verse. I eq'd the kick with some highs in it, brought the level up and brought the level of the bass down a bit. I also changed the notes of the synth that that follows the bass so it doesn't clash with the intro synths. Still has more work to do but it's slowly getting there.
15-05-2011 17:16
SKINLEY
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.00

NOt bad at all, has a Renegade Hardware feel to it. I think your kick sounds nice and punchy with the slightly higher pitch to the punch, it stands out nicely. Busy loops but the main hits are prominent enough for it to sound clean. Nice Lead Synth just needs a bit more volume and depth. I think you have the majority of your levels right, but its a matter of opinion, and no one knows if that's your intended sound anyway! If you need it mastering then I'd be more than happy to help? Message me man and we'll talk. As I've said on all my posts today, please take the time to have a listen to my new track, www.soundcloud.com/skinley I need feedback too! Overall a really good start, I'd be interested to hear the finished product for sure. Hit me up dude.

SKINLEY
www.soundcloud.com/skinley
15-05-2011 21:26
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » mattyb - Work It