drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DJ Pace - Reboot
Go to the bottom of this page DJ Pace - Reboot
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Please check out my new track 'Reboot' and post your comments here!

Hey guys. Some of you may recognise this as an old Pace & Swift tune which has been developed. Probably gonna leave this one for a few weeks as my ears have got used to it. Gave this one to Andy C but unfortunately didn't hear anything back.

Am open to any constructive feedback. As always, feel free to suggest what you want. This is a mastered version done by me. Peace...
27-04-2011 17:51
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Structure is great, only the drop seems to sneak in pretty much and the drop doesn't slam as big as I would expect it to slam. Intro is a bit long too.
I would leave the vocal out of the drop or at least cut down on it.
The tune has a lot of hi-mid stuff which is very loud, it would help if the lo-mids would be more exciting too. It doesn't have me running around the room screaming OOOH YEAH while making spastic movements with my arms in the air (I mean "more than I normally do").
But that's the least I would expect from this style of DnB when it is working at full strength.
You guys have the shit, it just needs some work structure wise to make the magic come out.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
27-04-2011 19:02 Homepage of BattleDrone
csel csel is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3166.jpg

Registration Date: 07-08-2010

kicks are not punchier enough
the melody are great
structure seems repetitive
the leads are good and so as the bass but i feel like nothing much going on for mid seem a bit quiet
vocal samples great

__
visit my soundcloud y'all http://soundcloud.com/csel
28-04-2011 15:57
mattyb mattyb is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3375.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

I'm on a laptop so i can't hear anything of the bass so i can't comment on that but i'm digging this. I think the vocal is good for the drop but comes in too much after that. Thi style of dnb usually has some kind of fill every 16 beats or so it would be good to hear some of those thrown in. The sound work great together .. real digital vibe. I would echo and reverb the reverse cymbal. And add some kind of buildup before the main drop.
28-04-2011 16:06
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

typing as i listen...

BIG, epic sounding intro. Like how it could have dropped a few times then eased up.

real drop is missing something to really make it slam into the main part

drums in general seem to get lost in the mix. I can hear what sounds like a really punchy kick & snare, but that sub is sucking up a lot of space.

Needs some variation in the break / fill. I kinda like tunes in this style that use a high-passed amen edit to break up parts. You know what i'm talking about? It might sound good around 2:54ish.

Lovin the lead melodies & that sub is slamming. You guys got this sound down to a science. maybe just a little cleanup in the mix & some edits. nice 1.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
28-04-2011 18:35
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers for reviews guys and thanks for suggestions.
28-04-2011 18:35
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks DannyLo, much appreciated. Yeah you're right about the kick and snare, I tried to make them as punchy as I could but the sub is a little too overpowering. Thanks for the constructive comments. Peace.
28-04-2011 18:38
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Very tigh mixdown, but the whole misses some sparkles, think it compressed little too much

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

30-04-2011 16:19 Homepage of tryptech
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

i love your synths in this, very metallic. the drums are really cool.

my favourite being 1:23 - 1:27, that needs to happen more throughout the song, maybe a whole 32 bars in that style after the 2nd drop, i think 1 of your fx sounds is pretty resonant, the high pitch hurt my ears a bit. at 1.39 or somehting like that. its a bit high in the mix aswell.

very solid track

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

30-04-2011 17:13 Homepage of timmehhurts
csel csel is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3166.jpg

Registration Date: 07-08-2010

theres something missing in the background... i think you should put some pad or add more atmospheric sound to fill it.

Bass drum seems drowned by the sub bass... lack of punch on the drum... i think you should level the bass just beneath the drum track level on mix down or maybe this just me Smile

Synth could be improve also... i really feel Pendulum vibe here but its a good track.

__
visit my soundcloud y'all http://soundcloud.com/csel
02-05-2011 11:08
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

theres power in this tune, would like to have some more buildup before the drop, sounds very well-produced, all the stuff goin on fits together, really like the sub, not so in love with the "computerish" melodies but thats my taste Wink
rspct & cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
03-05-2011 12:40
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

nice track guys very tight overall production one thing i would maye say is the snare could come forwards a tad or maybe have a snare in there with more of a white noise element to it if u know what i mean anyway sweet track fellas

__
buy the ticket take the ride
03-05-2011 17:42
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers for reviews guys. I had a feeling that some elements were fighting for space, but couldn't put my finger on it! I'll probably finish this tune at some point. Many thanks.
04-05-2011 15:24
InsideCorrosion InsideCorrosion is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3511.jpg

Registration Date: 07-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

hello mate,

Interesting intro I like the variations in melody and different build up sections. Your production is pretty tight but IMO introducing sub bass in the first 20 seconds of a drum n bass tune isnt a good move because you wanna hit people with it at the drop for maximum effect and this is where it suffers a little bit because the listener is already familar with the bass. The best time for it to be introduced IMO is the 1.23 mark. Then by 1.28 we'ra rolling with a nice bass Smile I appreciate your arrangement work too but unfortunatly I dont feel any kind of atmosphere or vibe which is something I always look for and like to feel. Overall a solid tune but needs a little more work bro. All the best and much respect
07-05-2011 21:16 Homepage of InsideCorrosion
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DJ Pace - Reboot