drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » krimmie2 - This Way (remix)
Go to the bottom of this page krimmie2 - This Way (remix)
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Please check out my new track 'This Way (remix)' and post your comments here!

This track is a remix I made for a friend of mine.
As I keep improving with every new track, feedback is very welcome!

Original Song: http://soundcloud.com/creamndirt/this-way

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by krimmie2: 26-04-2011 18:25.

26-04-2011 17:46
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Intro sounds very promising but is too long.
Drop is a bit of a disappointment compared to the intro. Snare sounds very FL studio, bassline doesn't have needed tension.
The vocal is too loud and doesn't add anything to the tune, especially the tuned ones are not helping. The talking vocal isn't working for me.
You really seem to have an idea about how a DnB tune should sound, but this needs some work.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-04-2011 21:38 Homepage of BattleDrone
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

does this sample Seba - Painted Sky, coz im pretty sure you cant do that with remix stems, normally theyre exclusive to that remix comp.

your intro drums are pretty cool with some nice FX goin on too, the vocal sounds the same as the original track pretty much

the rolling kick drum before the drop could fade in

im not a fan of your bass line personally, it just lacks a certain something and is a bit predictable. i think you should make more of a feature of the fuzzy bass that happens at 2.24-2.26

the next vocal sample in the break is cool

your kick is a bit boomy when there are fewer elements in the mix, could take the release down

drums in the main song could deal with a bit of variation / a bit more ghost snares and snare rolls

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

26-04-2011 21:49 Homepage of timmehhurts
krimmie2 krimmie2 is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Thanks for the feedback guys.

It doesn't sample Seba - Painted Sky, don't even have those samples.

Maybe some tips to put more tension in the bassline?

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
26-04-2011 23:12
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Nice vibes in the intro. Like the vocal sample also. In the main build-up you have some atmospheric pads which IMO are way too quiet and barely audible. Bring them up a lot. Your drop seems out of key with the initial build-up. Changing the key of the vocal sample in places doesn't sound right. I would definitely match the key of the drop with the intro. All the best. The conversation at around 3:30 reminds me of 'Miami Flashback' by Bad Company.
27-04-2011 18:00
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by timmehhurts
does this sample Seba - Painted Sky, coz im pretty sure you cant do that with remix stems, normally theyre exclusive to that remix comp.

on the site where u can download those it said: u can use these stems for what ever you like, but you have to give credit to seba for the samples.

__

The One - Age Break
29-04-2011 07:05
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

intro sounds lovely (sounds very much like the piano from seba painted skies(i got those samples so your friend has used those i guess))
maybe give the vocals in the intro a tad less volume.
the drop could use some work,i like the bassline has a flowing feel to it

overal enjoyed listening to it, doing this in the morning, so i might edit this all later on lol

__

The One - Age Break
29-04-2011 07:12
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 

@ Age Break

Fair enough :p

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

30-04-2011 13:44 Homepage of timmehhurts
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Intro is nice man, but teh drop has some anti climax,cuz i think the bassline doesnt realy fit the intro,
nice mixdown, nice effects
i would search for another intro, or another main bassline
rspct

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

30-04-2011 16:20 Homepage of tryptech
csel csel is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3166.jpg

Registration Date: 07-08-2010

I think the bass drum hiss too much... or maybe tuned so low? the vocal sample sound so nice and fits the atmosphere... and everything after the white noise you use as a build-up needs re-construction...

__
visit my soundcloud y'all http://soundcloud.com/csel
02-05-2011 11:17
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

kick&snare sounds a little muffled to me, very nice pads & nice vocals, though the vocal-variation at 2.05 is too loud and doesnt really fit imo, drums could be more "rollin" in general, nice idea at 3.19, bass could have more character (maybe with more mid-range?), tune has alot of liquid-potential but still needs some work imo (especially drums & bass), keep on it!
cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
03-05-2011 12:55
HonkyTonk
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3392.jpg

Registration Date: 09-05-2011

The early drumrolls lighten the mood and give it a groovy feeling from start on. The bridge to your build-up for the first drop is very relaxing and gives and interesting sound. As it progresses i feel like a huge drop coming on - but that's what is lacking in my opinion - the bass after your drop needs to be beefed up a little - either by adding distortion, volume or another subbass to it. try to vary the drum groove, too - I am thinking of 2:30 where you just repeat the same groove with altering the bassline. You could make it more interesting by altering both and still maintain the groove. Bridge-part is well done again, voices are sampled well. The second drop comes in much harder and has a lot more punch than the first one due to the wobble-bass starting here - try to emphasize this to increase the significance your drop has.
09-05-2011 23:10
InsideCorrosion InsideCorrosion is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3511.jpg

Registration Date: 07-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 

Hello mate,

0:57 Nice pads for the intro like those alot drums sound ok but a little synthetic, maybe try and add a natural element to them using a break or something. If think that kick needs a little bit of eq as well to remove some of the boom. But it doesnt sound too offensive.

1:45 Hmm. I m not really feeling the bassline mate doesnt seem to gel together with the intro to well IMO. Somehow it leaves me feeling a bit dissapointed after the nice intro Frown

4:07 The change up appreciated and this new bass line has bit more character compared to the first. Maybe you should rework the inital bassline to acheive the same effect.

Summary:

Like BattleDrone said, you have a good idea of how a drum n bass tune should be structured which stands out to me as the best part of this track. Not a bad effort but room for improvement I feel. Big ups mate.
10-05-2011 18:39 Homepage of InsideCorrosion
amptek amptek is a male
Jan Amparo

images/avatars/avatar-3225.jpg

Registration Date: 04-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Hey Krimmie,

Lovely use of the Seba stems for painted skies. Can never go wrong with that synth Big Grin

Your drum pattern is unique. That hats gave me an impression of "new idea" so that stood out a lot. The overall feel of the track is good. I like that bassline but could use a bit of tightening as it sounds too spacey (which doesnt sound bad). That vocal sample that plays on beat 1 is a bit repetitive at times but then again it doesn't bother me much. It'd be nice to have 8 bars of just bassline before the pre-chorus.

I enjoyed listening to this! Keep up the good work man.

amptek
10-05-2011 18:51 Homepage of amptek
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » krimmie2 - This Way (remix)