drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » 808 bass notes clashing?
Go to the bottom of this page 808 bass notes clashing?
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 11-10-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 1.67

in fl studio i have different packs with different 808 sub bass sounds and some of them are held out and when im writing out like a bass roll or something its not clean and all the notes clash... could someone please help me with this because i hear all the different hard hitting bass sounds in songs from like lil wayne and people and i can never get the rolling sounds to come out due to the clashing of the notes.
25-04-2011 03:12
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

assuming your loading the 808 in a sampler.

open the sampler channel settings. there are tabs "SMP" "INS" "MISC" "FUNC"

choose INS (think its short for instance)

more tabs - PAN, VOL, CUT, RES, PITCH

choose VOL

play with attack, hold, decay, sustain, & release

I usually start by bringing the hold all the way up & everything else down to zero.

this way the sample will play the second the note is reached & release w/ no sustain or decay the second the note is released. From here you can fiddle if you want some bleeding or softer attack. FYI it wont stretch a sample tho. So if you wanted to play a whole note for example, but the sample is only long enough to support a quarter note - it will stop before the the note is released.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
25-04-2011 17:37
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

if u use 808's as a bass: open up the sample in edison, click on the button that looks a lil like this ( |abc ) and select detect pitch regions
make sure to make the note that comes out of this "search" is your root note.
( u can do this by opening up your sample, click on misc, and right click on a note on the keyboard (this will make that note the "root note" ))
this usually works with drum samples when wanting to make melodies with them.

also check if ur 808's arent clipping
u can get rid of clipping by turning down the volume a bit, or lowering certain freq's that are acctually clipping
(u can make sure ur songs never clip when using the soft clipper on master channel but watch out with this)

oh and also try not 2 use many 808's after a each other, max 2 when a new bar hits untill the first snare in a bar.
also try using 808's with a shorter tail, and use a long 1 in the beggining of the bar for example.

hope this helps out a bit, otherwise tell, and ill try again

__

The One - Age Break

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Age Break: 25-04-2011 18:11.

25-04-2011 18:09
djsm
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

see i just found some sounds i have in a kit that i got and its an 808 hit but it hold out for too long and i was wondering just from dragging the sound out of the banks and to piano roll how i would cut it down cause honestly i dont know a whole lot about the program but i know good enoug where things are to do it if you told me you know
26-04-2011 00:54
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Dear DJSM, if you have a question, please don't post that question in several different subforums because things get really messy and I have to clean it up. Thanks, your moderator!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-04-2011 01:23 Homepage of BattleDrone
djsm
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

ok will do sorry about that Smile
26-04-2011 01:24
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » 808 bass notes clashing?