drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dubrain Hertz - Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse
Go to the bottom of this page Dubrain Hertz - Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Please check out my new track 'Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse' and post your comments here!

A very dubby and hiphop-influenced dubstep track. Feedback appreciated. Especially regarding mixing-issues.

Enjoy.

EDIT. Posted this about a week ago, have done some changes according to the feedback I got.

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dubrain Hertz: 25-04-2011 23:42.

25-04-2011 15:31 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez chap.
typing as i listen (as always)

intro is VERY different.. kind of loping, lazy beat.. but it works Smile not sure on some of the fx noises..
String melody sounds ok- but very computer game like. Not sure if this is intentional.

2:00- ah it IS intentional Smile does sound like u sampled an amiga game! Nice melody tho-works well

Yeah- pretty genre defying- but got lots of potential! Mix sounded pretty decent.. a little bass light if anyhting.

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
25-04-2011 19:48
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

No amiga game, just a Waldorf Blofeld through a Boss metal zone. The bass at the beginning is fretless bass guitar. I guess all those years in front og a C64 have damaged me though, things tend to sound like computergames after I touch them Cool So yeah, it's intentional I guess, or my sound at least. Still bass light though? beefed that up quite a bit, but I guess it can take some more then.

Thanks for the input, keep em coming. Drummer

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
25-04-2011 20:02 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

euh... wow.
Dope! Weird!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-04-2011 12:15 Homepage of BattleDrone
krimmie2 krimmie2 is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Not usually my kind of dub, but I like this alot!

Especially the drums are very attractive, reminds me of mount kimbie.

Also lovin the bass, very catchy.

Can't really comment on this, it's good stuff.

Maybe add a nice vocal would give a nice touch?

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
26-04-2011 13:09
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks guys, guess the mix is pretty much where it's supposed to be, maybe beef up the bass another small notch though. Any input on the mastering? Anyone?

__
27-04-2011 00:36 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Dethworm Dethworm is a male
Cymatics

images/avatars/avatar-2734.jpg

Registration Date: 11-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

I like the key signature and cool modulating sounds going on here. Sounds very organic and fresh. Needs a tiny bit more structure and building. Drums sound muffled and not as crisp as they could be. Almost over compressed or something. Did you actually play electric guitar over this cause its mad fresh and the title suits it perfectly. This is refreshing in a world of mundane grinding tunes. Great little sample-hold synth as well. Overall very cool and interesting and jamming above all. Great work man.

__

www.soundcloud.com/riveraccorsi
27-04-2011 05:08 Homepage of Dethworm
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Don't like that whiny high pitched sound in the intro - sounds like a kettle boiling - get rid of that! Like the pad elements although they could benefit from being more spaced out (left and right). Sounds like a slowed down pendulum intro crossed with some kind of western final shoot-out scene. I like it although it plods along a bit too slow. Maybe speed it up slightly to give it a little more energy. The electric guitar(?) sounds cool although the distortion you have on it isn't quite right and it should be a bit louder. Interesting idea, thinking outside the box. Well done.
27-04-2011 18:12
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks guys. I'll se if it's possible to squeeze some more crispyness out of those, drums. The boiling kettle stays though. As mentioned earlier there is no electric guitar in here apart from a fretless bass guitar at the beginning. I'm quite happy with the overall structure, though I might add some edits to the drums to break the monotony here and there. Appreciate all the feedback.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dubrain Hertz: 02-05-2011 11:43.

02-05-2011 10:59 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
InsideCorrosion InsideCorrosion is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3511.jpg

Registration Date: 07-05-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

hello mate,

Very nice intro to start off I like the atmosphere this creates and that distorted melody is very cool. The different melody's could use a little seperation in my opinion they all seem to be in the center and need to be given there own space which is kinda where that snare reverb is I feel mate. This is a cool track though and I really like the way you ve created a vibe here, cant put my finger on exactly what it makes me feel at the moment but I like it Smile hit me up with your reworked version if you can, nice work bro big ups. Much respect.
07-05-2011 20:42 Homepage of InsideCorrosion
HonkyTonk
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3392.jpg

Registration Date: 09-05-2011

Synth at 1:40 need a little less Portamento or Delay, maybe just shorten it a little, because it sounds a bit disharmonic. FX noises in your intro are really nice, great mood enhancing there. Guitars fits in really well and is sampled in an awesome way after the chorus. I think you should shorten the break from 4:00 and start the drumgroove again at 4:06 which would give it a little more interesting song structure.
09-05-2011 23:30
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dubrain Hertz - Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse