drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JumplnTheFire - Integrity (drumstep)
Go to the bottom of this page JumplnTheFire - Integrity (drumstep)
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 10-12-2010

Please check out my new track 'Jumpinthefire - Integrity (drumstep)' and post your comments here!

Hey guys, noob producer here.

This is my first serious track so criticism is highly, highly appreciated.

I'm loving drumstep lately and I love Terravita's sound so you might hear some similarities.

I realized after uploading I had some riffs arranged in the wrong places (after the second drop a riff comes in at the wrong time pretty noticeably) so sorry about that.

Thanks!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by JumplnTheFire: 23-04-2011 07:37.

23-04-2011 07:24
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

i don't like drumstep

__
buy the ticket take the ride
23-04-2011 14:34
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Standaard FL studio snare Happy
The drop isn't bad, maybe go slow on the reverb.
The EQing needs work as some elements sound muffled (e.g. snare) or is this on purpose?
I would leave that amen out or pitch it down and use less hits (keep it minimal).
Tune has a really dark and dirty sound! Cool.
Get's a bit repetitive in the end.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
23-04-2011 20:28 Homepage of BattleDrone
JumplnTheFire
Producer

Registration Date: 10-12-2010

Know somewhere where I could get some nice punchy snares?

As well as a good eqing tut? It's definitely not supposed to sound muffled on purpose haha.

I'll have to add another pad or something to make it less repetitive in the end.

Is there anyway to like replace this version of the track with a new one without making a new thread?

And good, if you don't like drumstep you should have a way easier time pointing out what you don't like about it (my track in particular) haha Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by JumplnTheFire: 24-04-2011 04:51.

24-04-2011 04:47
JacksonP JacksonP is a male
Luminosity

Registration Date: 09-12-2010

Man, this song is sick nasty. My sub just evacuated its bowels on my floor. The Wub bass at 00:54 sounds a little out of place, maybe try fading it in so its not so abrupt.
Other than that, the bass you chose is pure doom. Work on changing it up for the second half of the song, pitch bending would be mindblowing if you do it right.

__
https://soundcloud.com/jacksonparaluch
24-04-2011 06:58
krimmie2 krimmie2 is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3385.jpg

Registration Date: 25-04-2011

Hello,
Nice to hear some drumstep.
Drums are not that pounding, especcially the snare needs more power. Download some of the samples on this site!
Good you're staring with a dnb riddim, but not go directly into a drumstep beat, leave some space between it to have more tension.I don't like the bass in the buildup (and later), i'd go for a more chill vibe at the beginning with some evil voices or so. Then drop into that nice pounding bass at the drop!

__

>> N-GIN SOUNDCLOUD<<
26-04-2011 16:41
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Interesting arrangement. The helicopter bass that comes in is a little loud. Your drums seem to lack real energy and punch. Your percussion needs more highs in it. Needs to sound crispy and airy. I like the bass you have used although it needs some wobble or movement in places.
27-04-2011 18:49
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JumplnTheFire - Integrity (drumstep)