drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » timmehhurts - The Way Of The Future Wip
Go to the bottom of this page timmehhurts - The Way Of The Future Wip
Author
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Please check out my new track 'The Way Of The Future Wip' and post your comments here!

This is my latest Her Jade Eyes track, its darkstep/ dark Dnb/ Neurofunk, whatever you want to call it. I started off doing darkstep, but i think this is much better than my early darkstep offerings.

I am very happy with the track so far and think it is almost complete save for a few embelishments and maybe some improvements on the drops.

looking forward to your comments, constructive critisism and general feedback.
Thanks

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

20-04-2011 14:02 Homepage of timmehhurts
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

kick is nice like the intro maybe could have give the sub more sustain in intro leading up to track holding suspence

snare coould do with standing a bit more forward in the mix i like the stabby bass that comes in at the drop just after the first bass i'm not a big fan of the reesy sounds maybe filter them a bit or something , taste though

maybe a thin amen underneath or some sort of other break to give it extra roll or for edits to keep it interesting

like the vocal when its robotised not sure bout when it comes in soundin like a dumb american just my opiinon though hope this has been some what constructive

__
buy the ticket take the ride
20-04-2011 15:28
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for the ideas, ill work on pusing the snare through the mix, mess round with some filters and that sub bass idea is genius.

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

21-04-2011 22:32 Homepage of timmehhurts
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

really rocks after the drop, great filthy bass, imo the intro could go better with some more fx-stuff or pads goin on, drums have power especially at 2.13 when the hihats become stronger, like the melodies that appear after a while, vocal fits nicely, strong track!

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
22-04-2011 16:31
tunedup
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3355.png

Registration Date: 17-04-2011

nice buildup, and use of sound clips,. luving that breaking beat, very futuristic.
mix in a few more funky sounds (or embelishments like u said) progressive lead synths from break at around 3:00
and i think your on to a winner.

nice1 bra

__
!$@K 420 24/7
23-04-2011 21:02
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez timme

intro sub is nice.
breakbeat sounds a little thin to me.. like the hits are very artificial/clinical.
Kick is almost non existent imo.
I like your riser into the drop!

vocal sample seems a bit loud
lead snyth stabs are again very loud in the mix.
fx that quickly pan are a bit surreal Smile

Very different and has a character of its own.
If you fixed some of the mix issues it'd be quite decent.. Smile

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
23-04-2011 21:39
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks for even more cool ideas.
@tuned up, i took progressive synth to mean progressive house synth which i think could really work in the break and a bit in the intro

@impact i kinda wanted a bit of a clinical sound, but im now messing with sidechaining to get the kick a pit more powerful, but personally i thought it was fairly prominent in the mix, also i kinda like my basses to be quite fat and have lots of presence

@ shir pan im deffo putting more FX in the intro, i put in a metallic hit with delay and a filter and im messing round with some reversed and highpassed 'wubs'

again thanks for the reviews. i really want this track to be perfect when its complete.

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

27-04-2011 14:10 Homepage of timmehhurts
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Like the sounds you have used. Would maybe try and make the drums punchier and boost the sub so the low end really rumbles. Good work.
27-04-2011 19:12
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » timmehhurts - The Way Of The Future Wip