drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dubrain Hertz - Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse
Go to the bottom of this page Dubrain Hertz - Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Please check out my new track 'Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse' and post your comments here!

Sort of an old school hip-hoppy dubstep track with a twist, way more dubby than most dubstep at least. Kind of happy with this one.

Made in Cubase SX3 with a Waldorf Blofeld and a Boss Metal Zone pedal.

Still in the early stages of mixing. Technical feedback is always highly appreciated.

This track has been deleted on the producer's request

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
19-04-2011 13:44 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

The intro is very good, sets a very sombre mood for the song though, not many dub tracks feel like this.

there is a whistle-y noise that it a bit piercing

there was no noticable build up in the song, however i am a big fan of when it suddenly kicks in again at 3.34

the sub bass sounds to decay over time on each note, i think it could be overall louder in the mix or decay less as the track doesnt feel like it has enough sub bass to me.

the drum pattern sounds great but the kick could do with a bit more compression

also the reverb on the snare could be turned down a tiny bit maybe

overall it has some very cool gritty vibes, and once it kicks in its not as sombre atall, very western vibe. i love the idea behind the track, very original.

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

19-04-2011 14:07 Homepage of timmehhurts
gripz gripz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-12.gif

Registration Date: 16-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.33

gr8 music

i think the slow buildup is part of the song.
It's not like u need uplifting buildups in this kinda music.
altho timmeh's right about ur kick and snr.
i'd buy this
19-04-2011 14:28
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

bigups for trying something a bit different , its almost like the radiohead of dubstep , did you play that guitar loop yourself ?

__
buy the ticket take the ride
19-04-2011 21:12
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks guys. Appreciate it. The heavy reverb was sort of a leftover as this started as a straight dub-track. All suggestions taken to heart.

There's no guitar in here, everything not drums is the Waldorf Blofeld with or without the Boss metal zone, except for the whistling sound, thats just the metal zone self-oscillating. All played by yours truly.

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dubrain Hertz: 21-04-2011 16:05.

21-04-2011 16:02 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

@ pusha: Oops, there's a fretless bass in there I forgot. I played that too, also through the metal zone.

I've been messing aroud with your suggestions, will post a new version soon.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Dubrain Hertz: 23-04-2011 12:07.

23-04-2011 12:07 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dubrain Hertz - Take Me Home, Sweet Apocalypse