drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Philthy McNasty - Twist (short Clip)
Go to the bottom of this page Philthy McNasty - Twist (short Clip)
Author
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Please check out my new track 'Twist (short Clip)' and post your comments here!

Really small clip, really rough too. Just wanted to get some feedback on the bassline, and beat before I take it any further. All help appreciated

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
19-04-2011 12:15 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
Dubrain Hertz Dubrain Hertz is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-1290.jpg

Registration Date: 23-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Cool bass line, especially as it starts around 0:30. A bit cold sounding, but maybe that's waht you're going for. Got a metallic robot-y feel to it. Drums sound good, but are very mechanical, personally I prefer more organic feel but that's a question of personal style I guess.

Definetely worth expanding on this one.

__
Download my album for free/pay what you want http://recordsofthefleshgod.bandcamp.com...years-2002-2005
19-04-2011 13:50 Homepage of Dubrain Hertz
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

like the drums, have you used an amen for the beat ? like the the bass could maybe change the distortion a bit from straight bit crush i find the yoi bass tire's on the ears after quite a short amount of time , like even if yu change the pattern you don't really notice because your still hearing undefined yuy or yoi ,

i know i may have seemed a bit vague hear hope you get what i mean it's got potential keep bashin away at it

__
buy the ticket take the ride
19-04-2011 21:16
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

bass sounds dirty, nice variations in there. imo the hihats are too fast in the beat (id put 8th hihats rather than 16th, id go more in direction dubstep) and kick&snare could have some more punch. not really in love with this "athmospheric-stereo-melody" goin on from the intro. hope i could help a little Wink cheers

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
22-04-2011 17:10
JumplnTheFire
Producer

Registration Date: 10-12-2010

Yea, I'm finding it very cold, hollow and robotic sounding. Don't take that in a bad way as I'm pretty sure this is what you were going for.

The track is lacking pretty badly in low end. It needs to be beefed up in that sense. I want to feel the song, not just hear it, if you get what I mean Tongue

I'm loving the rest, especially the variation, good job!
23-04-2011 06:44
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Nice idea. Like the arppy rhythmic sounds. Tune could benefit from more of a subby presence.
27-04-2011 19:28
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Philthy McNasty - Twist (short Clip)