drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Hudskov - Hp Sauce
Go to the bottom of this page Hudskov - Hp Sauce
Author
Sponsor

Registration Date: 05-03-2010

Please check out my new track 'Hp Sauce' and post your comments here!

Working on this one for a while. Changed the structure slightly, though cant find a vocal that sits right with this track. Needs a few more elements added.

Cheers, Hud
08-04-2011 11:16
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

nice liquidish intro, didnt expect you buildup to a more "heavy" tune. really like what you do at 2.12 (id even get rid of the stuff between 1.06&2.12, doesnt really fit in imo). buildup at minute 4 leads in another direction again. track sounds little empty 4.30.

too many ideas for a single tune, i dont really get the central idea of this track. i think theres enough stuff in this to do at least 3 different tracks...(imo the intro and the part i mentioned above could do well together)

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
08-04-2011 14:50
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

Liquid-Nero-JumpUp... almost got a bit of everything in here. I like your bass work a lot! some great sounds. Your break needs some beefing up. Think a tune like this defo needs that kick & snare to be slamming. Some good stuff in here. I'd think about ways to either break this up into different tunes or get some better transitiions in here to help with continuity.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
08-04-2011 22:22
Hudskov
Sponsor

Registration Date: 05-03-2010

Good feedback, thanks. It is a bit hectic, need to decide what takes the forefront and what sit behind it. Not a breaks man usually but i love to dance to it. I think i have some good content but need to juggle it to make the right fit. Keep the comments coming its keeping me interested and trying new angles on this one.

Cheers, Hud
08-04-2011 23:08
den_bert
unregistered
Intro sounds a bit empty with just hats playing in the begining. The bass & path dont really fit together imo. I would make the intro just pads & hats, and save the bass for the drop. And some tension building up would be nice before the drop.
Mix is very muddy on some points, you should pick witch sounds sits in the front, and mix the rest of the sounds in function of that. But I like the track, it has some great ideas. I dont think the track needs more elements, pick the parts you like the most and try improving those.
10-04-2011 10:58
doolhoofd
discobol

images/avatars/avatar-3386.jpg

Registration Date: 02-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Beat sounds fine to me, bass sounds sound ok I guess
just don't really like the melodies

__
.:::GENERATIONS PASS:::.
.:::CIVILISATIONS DIE:::.
.:::THE BLiNK OF AN EYE:::.
.:::IN GALACTIC TIME:::.
10-04-2011 18:22 Homepage of doolhoofd
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Great tension building in intro and good use of pad / FX sounds. Your LFO is good but I would recommend putting a sine (if you haven't already) underneath playing the exact same notes. The trick is to try and make the LFO and the sub sound like one note. You may need to roll of a bit of low on your mid-bass stuff, but don't do that until you've heard it with the sub also, it might sound OK. All the best.
12-04-2011 11:24
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

typing as i listen:

intro percussion is quite loud..
Thats a TASTY GrowlyBass ya got there!
liquid pad is ok.. but DAMN when the drums drop in it aint liquid no more!
Straight up screwface time!
I'd be wary of such a short intro.. no DJ will touch this as he'll have to work real fast to get 'in'. Try a 32 or 64 bar intro..

I would add another complimentary rolling bassline at 1:30 get it really rollin!

by 4:00 the 'wobble saw' is getting on my nerves..

the first 2:50 are spot on Smile
I'd concentrate and expand on this vibe and do less wobbleSaw fuckery later on Wink

Tunes got some serious dancefloor potential! Smile

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
14-04-2011 11:18
Paracyte Paracyte is a male
Crazy Bouncin Sinusoid

images/avatars/avatar-2331.jpg

Registration Date: 07-12-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Ez
wow that tune evolves Wink
I love part from 2:12.
Drums need to come forward though,
and they are quite repetitiv.
I think you should consider taking one direction in this tune and base on one of the "envolving" parts.
Nice.

__
My Soundcloud
14-04-2011 19:51
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Hudskov - Hp Sauce