drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » timmehhurts - Do What You Want
Go to the bottom of this page timmehhurts - Do What You Want
Author
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Please check out my new track 'Do What You Want' and post your comments here!

using vocals from a cleared sample pack this is my latest liquid track and a good one to share with these forums i feel. i want for a much more compressed sound to my previous works, let me know what you think.

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

15-03-2011 18:59 Homepage of timmehhurts
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Did you change your name, because I don't know you???
To me this is IDM, not really liquid, it's not something people would go crazy for on the dancefloor. In the breakdown the tune sound very midi-like as those strings sound very artificial. All in all the tune doesn't have a lot of action, too little action for my taste anyway.
Productionwise it is very good, maybe a little too much reverb on the break and in the main parts the strings are pushed away due to heavy compression which isn't helping the sound. This mixdown puts a lot of pressure on the ears, you might want to go a bit easy on the compression mate. The vocal isn't helping a lot, maybe use something else?
Anyway, good tune!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
15-03-2011 20:44 Homepage of BattleDrone
Virtual_Riot Virtual_Riot is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 13-03-2011

How I love these old movie samples Smile The drumloop is really lovely, the overall sound quality of the strings and the piano could be a little better, only thing I miss is some kind of catchy melody that stays in mind or something like that...and maybe some more tension building Wink But all in all good work Smile Enjoyed listening to it.

PS: The end seems a bit chopped off...is that on purpose?
15-03-2011 21:00 Homepage of Virtual_Riot
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

nice track the drums could do with a tad livening up though they are a bit to low end that amen need to shine a bit more keep at it mate

__
buy the ticket take the ride
15-03-2011 22:02
timmehhurts timmehhurts is a male
Her Jade Eyes

images/avatars/avatar-3330.jpg

Registration Date: 14-03-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Thanks for the feedback,

I dont think i changed my name, my producing name is 'her jade eyes', my username on most things is 'timmehhurts'

Yeah i think the compression might be a bit high on this one and the strings are from a freeware vst called dsk overture, i dont own a viola so im a bit screwed for real samples... i should probably sample my guitars more often

I find it hard to write melodies, i tend to be better at just drums and basslines

And yup i cut off the end sample deliberately

anyway yeah thanks, ill bear it all in mind for future works. Smile

__
I <3 Bass

Her Jade Eyes
Soundcloud
Facebook

16-03-2011 00:28 Homepage of timmehhurts
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Writing while listening...loving the intro...sets the perfect mood. Amen comes in...you need to clean it up and add some ghost hits, to make it as clear and distinct as the rest of your tune...maybe some fade in and outs....would do it justice. Once it drops sounds much better. Like the bass, but wish it had a lil more umph. Again with the amen....you should stutter step edit it to flow better with the track. Def dig this tho. RespeKt!

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
16-03-2011 18:09 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Stereo image is very good, alls osunds are nice, but dont like the drums too much its too much amen, to less snappieness, that synth is great. piano is really great, would die for that
rspct

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

17-03-2011 17:16 Homepage of tryptech
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » timmehhurts - Do What You Want