drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » dj set of the month & interviews
Go to the bottom of this page dj set of the month & interviews
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-164.jpg

Registration Date: 19-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Now we have the track of the month and that is a superb idea !
I think it would be much better to take some interviews maybe of the most active and best producers. (1 interview / 3 weeks or something )
I had the same idea for the dj's who post dj-sets on this board .

grtz siebe

__
Stepping bass
28-07-2004 02:39 Homepage of dj eskay
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

Hmm, good idea.
Maybe we can 'elect' the dj's/producers by a voting poll, or by his/her exceptionally outstanding recent work.

This way we can get to know who's who in more detail, and moreover, everybody gets some general/detailed background info about the dj/producer. I think it's quite fair that the interviewed dj/producer has a full opportunity in which he/her can fully explain the why's/how's/when's of their creativity.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
28-07-2004 03:07 Homepage of Soi
dj eskay dj eskay is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

I'm glad you agree with me !

__
Stepping bass
28-07-2004 03:08 Homepage of dj eskay
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Not a bad idear, but it will take long to listen too to vote Big Grin

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

28-07-2004 11:28 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

There are only a few sets uploaded every month so it's a bit useless to vote a set of the month imo...

and seeing how little response the poor DJs get on their mixes, being downloaded hundreds of times and getting 3 responses if they're lucky Frown I guess we won't get many people to vote either...
It's a sad thing but I guess people are just interested in downloading them and putting them on CDs and forgetting to give some response after they've listened...

Maybe I can put an annoying robot voice at the end of every mix repeating the text 'write a review!' 20 times Big Grin

I like the ideas of interviews and background info though Big Grin Have been running some threads about it already but haven't got the time yet to make them yet.

Who wants to do interviews?? Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-07-2004 12:07 Homepage of thechronic
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

not a fan of 'sets of the month' kinda thingies...but than again, i'm not a fan of polls alltogether so Big Grin

however, about the interviews: i got lot's of them on my harddrive, cause i edit all dnb-interviews for radio scorpio. I still got: tali, die, clipz, tech itch, chris su, fierce, friction...also system-d, gamorah, crossfire, juice blenders, working crash hero, dcon etc etc.

Their all in mp3, and you can put them up if you want. I can keep it updated to, cause new ones are coming already next week Smile

however: language depents on artist, so english but also dutch and french. btw: interviewer...sometimes asks kinda stupid questions Big Grin But hey, he drives all around the country to get them.
28-07-2004 13:38 Homepage of wicked_wayz
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by wicked_wayz
however, about the interviews: i got lot's of them on my harddrive, cause i edit all dnb-interviews for radio scorpio. I still got: tali, die, clipz, tech itch, chris su, fierce, friction...also system-d, gamorah, crossfire, juice blenders, working crash hero, dcon etc etc..

Bigup I'd like to hear those!

__

28-07-2004 13:49 Homepage of Emblem-X
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

Helpfulness rating: 

Is it technically manageable to be able only to download a mixset when a review is written?
Seems a bit on the dictatorial side, but those mixsets/tracks are posted here, not only because of the free webspace, but mainly to let oneself be heard amongst the others, and, indeed, to find out what other people think about it. So in that view people should be more or less obliged to give some feedback.

When it comes to interviews: i'd like to do some! Pleased
I have experience with it (Rif Raf, Radio Centraal, chief-editor of Freepulp (gotham evil nerds, they still owe me money Evil ) And i'd be much interested in interviewing all the producers from this board.
I can also help with translating, if necessary.

Let's get it on, shall we?

__
a myspace
my tunes
28-07-2004 14:22 Homepage of Soi
wicked_wayz wicked_wayz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
Is it technically manageable to be able only to download a mixset when a review is written?

one pietsie problem... you can't write a review before you download something, cause you have to hear it first Big Grin

unless someone can make a 'this mix will self-destruct in 2 days if you don't write a review' option, would be cool too of course Smile

bout the interviews, cool if someone like you would like too do it, cause ours is ...kind of a morron Big Grin
28-07-2004 14:40 Homepage of wicked_wayz
dj eskay dj eskay is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Its nice that every one likes the idea of the interviews because i really wanna know who B-complex is for exemple ...

I also think that their must be a dj-set of the month .

Grtz siebe

__
Stepping bass
28-07-2004 15:08 Homepage of dj eskay
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by dnb-lovendegem
I also think that their must be a dj-set of the month .

If we would have like 20 DJ sets posted every month this would be a cool thing to have, but at the current rate it's useless. I can make ratings for the DJ sets though...
Having too many sets online at the same time is not desirable though because they tend to slow down the server. If a couple dozen would be downloaded at the same time the forum would become really slow. It's not that the server can't handle it, but the max data transfer is capped at around 400kb/s and there would be only a few kb/s left for transferring the text pages.

I'm even thinking of only keeping the really good ones and dumping the bad ones or ones made by inactive members. IMO the free space should be a reward for active members who make great mixes Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-07-2004 15:45 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by wicked_wayz
however, about the interviews: i got lot's of them on my harddrive, cause i edit all dnb-interviews for radio scorpio. I still got: tali, die, clipz, tech itch, chris su, fierce, friction...also system-d, gamorah, crossfire, juice blenders, working crash hero, dcon etc etc.

Their all in mp3, and you can put them up if you want. I can keep it updated to, cause new ones are coming already next week Smile

however: language depents on artist, so english but also dutch and french. btw: interviewer...sometimes asks kinda stupid questions Big Grin But hey, he drives all around the country to get them.

That would be really great!! Bigup
I'll ofcourse give credit to you and radio scorpio. I can indicate the language so people don't download something they don't understand.

Can you put them on the FTP? I'll send you a PM with the FTP details.

__
28-07-2004 15:48 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
Seems a bit on the dictatorial side, but those mixsets/tracks are posted here, not only because of the free webspace, but mainly to let oneself be heard amongst the others, and, indeed, to find out what other people think about it. So in that view people should be more or less obliged to give some feedback.

I've been thinking for some time on how to tackle this, mainly for the tracks but also for the mixes.
The problem is that people need to be logged in to be able to track their download behaviour. If they are not logged in you can only check the IP address but this changes often, so it's not reliable.

What I can do:
- for people that are not logged in: only allow a maximum of 2 or 3 downloads for a given IP address every 24 hours. They'll need to log in to be able to download more. This will probably attract more people to registering but will annoy the registered members who are not logged in yet.
- I can make a database of the downloads that logged in members do and eg send them a PM if they download 10 tracks without reviewing, or disable downloading for 24 hours unless they make a review. This will ofcourse cause more people to write crap short bigup reviews...

__
28-07-2004 15:58 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
When it comes to interviews: i'd like to do some! Pleased
I have experience with it (Rif Raf, Radio Centraal, chief-editor of Freepulp (gotham evil nerds, they still owe me money Evil ) And i'd be much interested in interviewing all the producers from this board.
I can also help with translating, if necessary.

Let's get it on, shall we?

I love you Kiss Big Grin

You got the job, when can you start? Big Grin

Bigup

__
28-07-2004 16:01 Homepage of thechronic
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
What I can do:
- This will probably attract more people to registering but will annoy the registered members who are not logged in yet.

I think that registered users who (will) frequently download tracks, are not so much harassed by this. Loggin in is quite easy. Long live cookies.

quote:
- I can make a database of the downloads that logged in members do and eg send them a PM if they download 10 tracks without reviewing, or disable downloading for 24 hours unless they make a review. This will ofcourse cause more people to write crap short bigup reviews...

Make that 24 days... Big Grin . You're right on the issue of short crappy reviews, but on the otherhand, if this forum can present itself as an interactive forum that holds certain norms/rules, i hope people can respect that, although i may be very naive on this.. I have the impression that this forum is still cosy 'n stuff, so most of the downloaders here more or less know what this site is all about. But off course, the more newly registered users there will be, the vaguer the interactivity will be. But up to now, it all seems quite safe.

quote:

You tell me, dude.

__
a myspace
my tunes
28-07-2004 16:28 Homepage of Soi
Electro Electro is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-350.jpg

Registration Date: 22-04-2004

A question for chronic Confused , what is the situation with the dj sets, are you able to do a mix of anything ( DnB of course ) but like oldschool type stuff, or has it all got to be up to date tunes kinda thing???

Apologies for going off the subject by btw, i do think interviews would be a cool thing, and as 4 the no replies/reviews situation could'nt you have a pop-up box appear showing the names of the people who have downloaded the track/mix, thats how it's done on another forum i post at, and it seems to work there??

__
**************TWISTED MIND****************

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/1/electromagneticmusic.htm
28-07-2004 16:28
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I've always thought that people should be registered (and logged in offcourse) in order to be able to download them samplepacks.

As for the interviews: would be nice indeed. Start with making a list of questions you could ask (other that how old are you, blahblah Wink ) Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

28-07-2004 16:45 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
quote:
What I can do:
- This will probably attract more people to registering but will annoy the registered members who are not logged in yet.

I think that registered users who (will) frequently download tracks, are not so much harassed by this. Loggin in is quite easy. Long live cookies.

Yeah maybe you're right, definitely if I put a login box in the listen page Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Soi
quote:

Make that 24 days... Big Grin . You're right on the issue of short crappy reviews, but on the otherhand, if this forum can present itself as an interactive forum that holds certain norms/rules, i hope people can respect that, although i may be very naive on this.. I have the impression that this forum is still cosy 'n stuff, so most of the downloaders here more or less know what this site is all about. But off course, the more newly registered users there will be, the vaguer the interactivity will be. But up to now, it all seems quite safe.

I definitely don't want to scare my visitors away Cool
quote:
Originally posted by Soi
quote:

You tell me, dude.

Now if you have time Big Grin

I'm up for an interview with B-Complex too, all I know is that he's a guy from Slovakia who is 20 years old Big Grin
But you can chose whoever you like to interview, would be cool if you could do live interviews with international DJs/producers at parties. Try getting hold of a picture to put next to the interview too Wink

__
28-07-2004 18:39 Homepage of thechronic
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok. If i go to parties, i'll ask the organisation to fix me some time with the stars!! And no, i won't accept vinyl/agenda's/pillow's/underwear to get a signature...
But concerning interviews of dj's/producers from this board, how will we manage that?
Producers who win the monthly award? Seems fine to me.
How about the dj's? Polls? Ratings? etc,...

__
a myspace
my tunes
30-07-2004 12:30 Homepage of Soi
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Just interview who you can, who wants to be interviewd, who you like to interview...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-07-2004 13:57 Homepage of Surya
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » dj set of the month & interviews