drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » First good DNB loop
Go to the bottom of this page First good DNB loop
Author

Registration Date: 10-03-2011

Hey guys!

This is my first post as I just registered (and took advantage og downloading some samples) Big Grin .

Ok, so I've been practicing my skills with DNB and have come a long way from my original starting point.
I've made a beat/loop and feel pretty satisfied, though now is the time to make it perfect.
I would very much appreciate pointers as to how to master it correctly (compressor or other various "effects" for example; know of any tutorials?) and how you maybe think I should alter it.
I'm currently using FL Studio.

Links: Loop 1 (no rides) Link 2 (with rides)

Thanks alot! Now I'm off to learn NI Massive ^^
10-03-2011 04:33
Nuben

Oh, and as this is the tunes tab, feel free to listen to my other works on Soundcloud Smile
10-03-2011 04:37
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Not bad,
all your drums have huge peaks at the start causing them to reach for 0dB and making it all sound silent.
You need to work on the mix, it is muffled right now.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
10-03-2011 11:41 Homepage of BattleDrone
Nuben

Update

Thanks for the reply, mate! Here's a lil' update. First time using Massive, so not exactly the bass I wanted, but... it works I guess.
I have to read up on db shizzle; basically I have no clue at what it is, or, well, I can't figure what 0db at drums means ^^ Nevertheless, I've done some sidechaining now so it don't clash that much, and I guess it's time for some reading-time Big Grin
10-03-2011 12:03
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » First good DNB loop