drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JamieWard - Way Of The Future (unfinished)
Go to the bottom of this page JamieWard - Way Of The Future (unfinished)
Author
DJ INDUSTRY

Registration Date: 26-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Way Of The Future (unfinished)' and post your comments here!

A Second edition of a track I posted before. This is by no means anywhere near finished.

I had a problem with FL Studio and cant access this track to finish the sound engineering. So quality is very poor at the moment.

Just looking for feedback, and constructive criticism is very much welcomed.

__

28-02-2011 18:12 Homepage of JamieWard
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

im not exactly a dubstep-expert, ill just speak my mind Wink i like the intro, builds up tension, the drums sound somehow "overdistorted" (probably because of what you mentioned above), the sound structure is very creative, alot of different stuff in that tune (maybe even a little too much in the first 2 mins), also nice buildup-sounds, i would change or even get rid of this -its hard to describe- "reverbish-kick-sound", after a while it sounds kinda annoying for me, all in all nice tune, would like to hear it with fixed sound-quality Wink

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
01-03-2011 13:15
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Hey JamieWard. Tune is OK and has some good elements. Some of your bass FX are done well also. I take it your not gonna be doing any more to this tune as you can't access it? For the next tune, I would look to reducing your reverb on certain elements. Reverb tends to push a sound so that it sounds like its coming from further away. Some sounds need to sound like they're right in your face, like drums and bass so they need very little reverb. The only exception is the snare. In dubstep you tend to get very reverb heavy snares. All the best, Spectral
01-03-2011 13:23
Virtual_Riot Virtual_Riot is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 13-03-2011

A little to much BHK samples used Big Grin
13-03-2011 18:31 Homepage of Virtual_Riot
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » JamieWard - Way Of The Future (unfinished)