drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » hellnegative - Filthy
Go to the bottom of this page hellnegative - Filthy
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 02-08-2009

Please check out my new track 'Filthy' and post your comments here!

Did this one in about 4 hours. I know it still needs some touching up here and there, but I'd like to get a perspective on it!
25-02-2011 04:43
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

I like the mix, dirty bass, bass is nice but take away much place in the mix, would fix that, drums get little bit muffled, new style your creating here
rspct

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

25-02-2011 11:00 Homepage of tryptech
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Hey hellnegative, Spectral here. Tune sounds good. Is definitely filthy! Your main bass sound is good and a real driving force in the tune. It seems like you were deliberately going for a trashy sound and it seems to work ok. In places the distortion sounds a little bit too much, but that might just be me and my tastes. If this were my tune, I might ease the distortion up a bit on the drums so that they are coming through with a little bit more definition and punch. Sometimes its good to bash tunes out in less than a day, your ear doesn't get tired of listening to it. Wish you all the best with this tune. Looking forward to hearing the finished version.
25-02-2011 11:34
Litterbug

Registration Date: 25-02-2011

Quality bit of 'Filthy' drum n bass, the piano keys are all sequenced well and add a bit of charachter to an otherwise flat out dirty tune. The transition into the drop works well and the introduction of the piano riff nicely changes the feel of the tune. The riff first heard in the intro fits in perfectly as the high end stuff calms down at 2.32. The stompier beat that breaks from the main drums at 1.28 works well with that riff, you could maybe think about using those drums for a few more bars of the tune? Also to me the bass seems a bit undefined and adds a kind of fuzz to the overall tune (like at 5.29) you could make it a bit more solid. Good stuff though Ill be looking at the rest of your tunes.
25-02-2011 15:53
noosesone
Producer

Registration Date: 24-02-2011

whoaaa....this is very dark and creepy....that water voice ....hmmmm i can tell what you were going for ...but for me its not too cool....and lower the bass at around 56 seconds just a little....

but man once it comes in it's hard...i like i like.
maybe a bit to loud for my taste ....but still dopeness.....

keep it going man ....come check me out and tell me what you think...

on last thing too ....maybe you should change it up a little with the bass pattern itself instead of just dropping it down an octave ...

and i liked the ending....

nooses keep drum and bass alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26-02-2011 12:53
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

nice go at jump up mate for me a man who loves distortion there is just a tad to much bit messy but there are some great sounds in here tho man work on the mix down a bit and u got a good track hear i dont think that piano goes with this track keep at it man would like to hear finished product

__
buy the ticket take the ride
26-02-2011 23:12
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

Yo, typing as I listen.

Piano sounds cool! Just the right amount of reverb and sustain..
Not sure about the glitch vox as they sound very flat in tone and are overly wide in the stereo image.

bass stab was mental! Big Grin
Jesus it goes loopy after that initial stab section!! hahaha
Noise/glitch-a-geddon!

(Had to turn it off as it gave me a rapid headache I'm afraid.)

Interesting ideas- but watch the wall of sound approach- you want people to dance no? not collapse with an aneurysm?! lol

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
27-02-2011 16:54
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » hellnegative - Filthy