drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » W3R3W00F - Vakarnakt
Go to the bottom of this page W3R3W00F - Vakarnakt
Author
Starving artist/DnB newbie

Registration Date: 04-02-2011

Please check out my new track 'Vakarnakt' and post your comments here!

Vakarnakt means "Last Night" in Latvian. At least that's what Bing says. :| I can't confirm this translation as reliable, but it's close enough, I guess.

This isn't a very traditional Drum and Bass sounding track, however it does have the same fast beats as most Drum and Bass tracks do. It also has a lot of piano, as you may have noticed. Tongue I hope you're open to new styles of Drum and Bass, because this is a bit different than most Drum and Bass tracks...

Also, I used some samples from this site. They're just so darn helpful.

__
Starving artist an aspiring musician. Also, game designer.
11-02-2011 01:45
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Love the vibe man, very interesting and lively, think snare is too stereo,marybe make more mono, but much sounds which benefit the track, the break is chaotic though and may be sometimes little distorted, but i'm not good at that point too, maybe leave some elements, just use one good instead of then good, good ideas, just mastering needs to be sorted out
success

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

11-02-2011 12:35 Homepage of tryptech
Pace and Swift
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Some good sounds used in this tune. I also like the vibe and feel. Agree with Tryptech, that snare sounds very wide, make it mono. I would look to make sure your 16-32 bar phrases are very clearly defined as at the moment, beats seemed to be coming in and going out in unexpected places. Look forward to hearing what you do with this.
11-02-2011 16:02 Homepage of Pace and Swift
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Mix is a bit weird at times, piano in mono and snare in stereo.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
11-02-2011 16:11 Homepage of BattleDrone
W3R3W00F W3R3W00F is a male
Starving artist/DnB newbie

Registration Date: 04-02-2011

Thanks a bunch for the reviews, guys! I would try to fix these things, but unfortunately, I'm using FL Studio 8 demo, so I can't go back to edit the project.

Oh well. Thanks again, guys. Smile

__
Starving artist an aspiring musician. Also, game designer.
11-02-2011 18:33
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

keep on working on it mate maybe try some different breaks the ones that are in here are a bit chaotic

__
buy the ticket take the ride
12-02-2011 21:21
fruityLideasman
Producer

Registration Date: 13-02-2011

I love the musical entrance- love the drums but sounds like samples i have heard before. I don’t really get dancing by the drop I just wanted something with some deeper jumpy bass - I don’t think this would really go off in a club and it’s not really even a driving tune for me to be honest I thinks it’s a bit messy sounding the overdrive sounds is bit hard on the ears and not really any good ideas that tickle my balls apart from the intro. I do love the intro a think you should keep that and bring in a different heavy drop and it would go off!!!
13-02-2011 18:30
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » W3R3W00F - Vakarnakt