drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Pace and Swift - Untitled
Go to the bottom of this page Pace and Swift - Untitled
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Please check out my new track 'Untitled' and post your comments here!

Safe People its Swift here.

Pace and I came up with this idea in one hour after a proper lean up - classic night!

Anyways we did this idea - I love it and Pace hates it. I think it deserves a few more hours work.

So interested to hear your thoughts!!!

Peace
Swift
07-02-2011 22:07 Homepage of Pace and Swift
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

some good ideas here. Intro pad seems a bit disconnected from the post-drop stuff. lovin the drop on dis 1. the bass work is pretty tight. could be nastier tho Big Grin Has some big dance floor elements again tho guys. I think its worth some work.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
07-02-2011 22:58
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Flute in intro is a little too loud (hurts on headphones). Sick bass! Good buildup.
Love the drop, C H O O N !
Finish it, sweet!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
07-02-2011 23:06 Homepage of BattleDrone
donnybrook donnybrook is a male
Donnybrook

images/avatars/avatar-3073.png

Registration Date: 10-03-2010

That bass drum kick in the first 25 seconds might be coming in a bit too hard. Or maybe you like the sound, it depends on personal preference I guess. Took me by surprise. That first reese at :44 is pretty fucking great, might even sound better with some a reverb/chorus on it, play around with it, make it louder and more in your face. Your other bass (wobble bass?? not sure) at 1:10 could use some sort of effects on it, perhaps phasing. Sounds a bit too clean, slightly boring. Really like the sample/vocal though, keep that. Honestly, just move on from the track, come back to it in a few weeks and see how you feel about it then.

__
I like stuff and things.

08-02-2011 10:36
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

Guys, is that your voice? Big Grin

__
08-02-2011 11:15 Homepage of BattleDrone
Pace and Swift
Producer

Hey people, Pace here. Thanks for the reviews so far.

Safe Battle, that voice is not us, its off some vocal samplepack lol. To be honest, that's the reason I'm not too keen on the tune. Also because everything in the tune is sampled.

Would be interested to see what people think of the vocal samples and whether you think its acceptable to have a tune (or preview of a tune) with no original material in it.

All the best, Pace.
08-02-2011 12:41 Homepage of Pace and Swift
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

The vocals fit the rest of the tune, it's not hi class ambient DnB... it's straight out of the sweaty club. It has street cred. Big Grin Maybe the vocals could do with some work to give them that little extra.
Sampling is ok... it's what you do with the samples that makes the difference.
(It's not the way that you do it, it's what you do that matters).
If you sample entire basslines that's a whole different story though.
You generate tension and make a tune that sounds like a powerful unit.

__
08-02-2011 13:13 Homepage of BattleDrone
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez fellas.
intro pad is fine.
like the cymbal splashes..
not keen on the 'whistle' synth; sounds naff- but the idea is sound Smile

However; I have to agree with Pace.

The tune has no real 'snarl' to it. no attitude imo...
Some of the sounds seems very out of place and tbh nowhere near your usual standard lads.

By using those moody vocal samples you are putting certain expectations on the tune.
After the first vocal sting I expected a tune so fucking dark and evil that when the drop comes-not only does it smash my teeth in and bite my nose off; but it douses me in petrol and sets it alight!

But- it doesnt do that.

Let me explain by way of an analogy; the current arrangment and attitude of the tune comes across as a spotty hoody shuffling in his shell suit with his hands down the front of his jogging bottoms, instead of a leather jacketed bosnian lunatic; partial to the peruvian marching powder and the odd murder on an industrial estate. know what I mean?
If ya gonna be a bear; be a fuckin Grizzly ya know?

Sorry if it comes across negatively. I try to be positive when commenting but Im just not feeling this one chaps.

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
08-02-2011 13:47
MuzzyDNB
Producer

Registration Date: 12-07-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Really like this, proper different imo!

I mean I don't really have much to say because everybody has said it already o.O

But uuumm, I think that some smoother transitions between different phases of the track would be nice! Just to make the whole thing feel like part of 1 track rather than a few different tracks mashed together Smile

I also think that there needs to me more strength on the drop somehow, maybe a rougher bassline with a strong/strongER notch/bandpass going on? (Y)

Good work though! Looking forward to hear more from you guys (Y)

__

08-02-2011 14:03
Pace and Swift
Producer

Safe people, Pace here.

Impact - Thanks for feedback. Know what you mean. Do you think its worth some more work (maybe 2-3 hours) to get it sounding nastier/better. Or do you think leave it? Usually after an hour's work on a tune I can tell whether it's gonna work or not or whether it's for the scrapheap (the scrapheap does get raided sometimes). I'm not really feeling it at all. I think we've got much better raw material to crack on with, but if people generally think its worth more time, we'll go along with that and do our best.

Battle - Thanks for the feedback. I see what you're saying about street cred, and I would dance to tunes with swearing in them (Twisted Individual - Bandwagon Blues etc.) but I don't really rate professional producers who use swearing in their tunes as much as other producers who don't. I think that maybe (not always) when a professional producer comes out with a tune that's got swearing in it, its kind of like their trying to fit in with the whole rudeboy/gangsta/ "what ya lookin' at?!" aggy attitude scene that pisses most people off. I suppose it depends on how versatile you are as a producer and whether there is a range to the type and quality of tunes you can produce.

Respect to Muzzy also!

Peace, Pace
08-02-2011 14:32 Homepage of Pace and Swift
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

Oh yea it is nasty! Woot!!!! Dancing in my seat as I type! FINISH IT!

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
08-02-2011 17:12 Homepage of Dub Bananez
Impact
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i dunno pace.. you could spend ages perfecting the attitude..
i just think that the arrangement also needs a lot more work to stop if coming off as some dnb variant on brostep.

I'd pursue the noisia/paradox angle with those vocals.. really come up with something filthy that all the tech boys would go mad for

but for the music/sounds in this tune.. dunno. My personal feeling is that I would move on.
But.
That just my opinion.

I'm sure you've both already made yours deep down. Smile

__
08-02-2011 19:26
Pace and Swift
Producer

Safe Impact. Spent another hour or so in the studio with Swift tonight on this one. We thought we'd give it maybe one more sesh (tomorrow) and then make a final judgement. It must be sounding better because I'm now bopping to it!

Respect for honesty. Hopefully can count on a lot more of it as we unveil our top tunes/ideas.

Peace, Pace.
08-02-2011 23:39 Homepage of Pace and Swift
Impact
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

sure pace.
no problem.

__
09-02-2011 10:40
Pace and Swift
Producer

Some hating little cunt has given us a 1 for all 11 categories just to bring our percentage down. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the tune deserved anywhere near 96.6% but the fact that some little donkey shit hasn't left a review means that they're a coward too. I know who it is anyway.

Safe to everyone else who has a pair.
09-02-2011 21:47 Homepage of Pace and Swift
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Very good sound, realy good voice shit on it, would certainly make me die on the dance floor,

respect

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

11-02-2011 12:46 Homepage of tryptech
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

keep workin on that!! love the tune, especially after the drop, its bangin, great bass has power, vocals fit nice, also really like this "screamin" melody...
great sound

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
11-02-2011 15:56
Impact
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Pace and Swift
Some hating little cunt has given us a 1 for all 11 categories just to bring our percentage down. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the tune deserved anywhere near 96.6% but the fact that some little donkey shit hasn't left a review means that they're a coward too. I know who it is anyway.

Safe to everyone else who has a pair.

harsh!

Any progress with this one Pace/Swift?

__
12-02-2011 19:43
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

i have ranted about this several times there is someone on here who does this been done to me on pretty much every choon i've done don't let it get to you man i just laugh at em now

__
buy the ticket take the ride
12-02-2011 19:53
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

by the way sayin who you know it is better not be pointing fingers at me, if it is i can change my vote if u like and u will still have the low 1

__
buy the ticket take the ride
12-02-2011 21:25
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Pace and Swift - Untitled