drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » donnybrook - Kickbeat
Go to the bottom of this page donnybrook - Kickbeat
Author
Donnybrook

images/avatars/avatar-3073.png

Registration Date: 10-03-2010

Please check out my new track 'Kickbeat' and post your comments here!

I've been sitting on this beat for over 6 months... and I really don't want to see it go to waste. I don't really know how to improve upon it, I'll take any suggestions. Very minimal, only used four separate tracks; drum break, bass, single phased synth-line and an intro-line. Its a definite work-in-extremely-delayed-progress. Hasn't had much mastering or equing work on it, but I really don't want to bail on this one. Honestly, if you don't think its worth the time feel free to say so. Maybe its one only a mother could love. Any and all criticism is accepted. If anybody wants to play with it I can email it to them or I can add you to my dropbox at chortiz11@gmail.com Cheers!

__
I like stuff and things.

05-02-2011 01:32
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

reminds me of the Joker with that bass, i like the drums they have a very old skool feeling , they fall away when the bass hits though.
sounds like u got a filter on the synth to make it moving like that idea! cud make it stand out a lil more maybe
maybe add some pads /atmos sounds in the begginning to make it more intressting

overal i enjoyed listening to this

__

The One - Age Break
05-02-2011 12:41
Pace and Swift
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Safe Donnybrook. I don't know why, but that beat sounds a bit off to me. Like the sounds you have used though. Only you can know whether your own tune is good enough or whether you should leave it alone. My instinct tells me if you haven't finished it in 6 months then it probably won't get finished. I would leave this tune and come back to it when you've got time, or when you get an idea of what to do with it. All the best, Pace.
05-02-2011 14:14 Homepage of Pace and Swift
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

good advice from pace and swift, better leave this alone untill you have an idea what to do with it

__

The One - Age Break
05-02-2011 15:41
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

id leave it made and get on with some more fresh stuff at 170 bpm please

__
buy the ticket take the ride
06-02-2011 00:55
donnybrook donnybrook is a male
Donnybrook

images/avatars/avatar-3073.png

Registration Date: 10-03-2010

Thanks for the advice, ARCHIVED IT. Currently working on some dark jungle/darkcore dnb. Will post when sometime in the next few weeks when its near complete.

__
I like stuff and things.

08-02-2011 10:27
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » donnybrook - Kickbeat