drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » shir_pan - Untitled
Go to the bottom of this page shir_pan - Untitled
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Untitled' and post your comments here!

please tell me me how to improve it, tell me everything that sounds bad, first song i upload here...id really like to get some tips.
tried to create some athmospheric-sound...

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
04-02-2011 19:07
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

intro sounds cool, like the piano, could use some less high end, boost the mids a lil. (hurts ears a lil)
like the strings.
cool filtering on drums
kick and snare could use a tad more volume.
good job overalSmile

__

The One - Age Break
04-02-2011 19:46
Pace and Swift
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Quite a nice idea overall. Like a lot of the sounds you have used. With regards to your intro, I think you should drop 16 bars earlier than you do and in the first 16 bars there needs to be some kind of development into the next 16, i.e. something should be happening/building. I would try using some vocals in this tune, it would really benefit. Also maybe after the first 32 of the drop, go into a more grimey 16 bars with deeper distorted bass, maybe some lfo action going on. Try using some delays on the pianos so they sync with the beat also. Good work, Pace out.
04-02-2011 20:28 Homepage of Pace and Swift
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The reverb-ish piano is too loud and too compressed. Several other things sound quite compressed too. When the second bass note is playing you can hear that it isn't as loud as the first one because it gets pushed to the back by the other instruments.
In the 2:30 area the pads + piano are really way to load.
Again at 4:00 the sound of pads+piano is so loud that it starts to cancel other sounds. You need to balance your instruments better.
Your buildups remind me a bit of 90's house.
Although your drums are really well made they sound a bit middle-of-the-road and robotic. It would work better if you would layer on a (hi-passed) breakbeat to give it a human touch and some flavour.
Tune would have worked better for me if it was more focused on bass and less on piano and pads.
It's audible that this is not your first tune "ever" though, it's actually really good.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
04-02-2011 22:47 Homepage of BattleDrone
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

the atmosherics etc are good infact the whole track is good the only thing im not to keen on is the drums or the fast high hat to be prescise i think if u made them a bit more minimal this track would be bangin keep at it bro

__
buy the ticket take the ride
04-02-2011 23:16
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

thx for your feedback, i appreciate that and i will try to improve the track as well as my "producing"-skills

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
05-02-2011 14:04
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

some great ideas here. I like the piano melody & strings / pads. This could sound better a bit more minimal tho just think the piano / strings set a low-key vibe not really a bangin drums vibe. I am not in love with most of your samples tho. Piano's lacking warmth bit overboard with the hi pass maybe? same could be said of the strings. The whole thing kinda sounds distant, but not in a good way. Your bass melody is fine, but i'm not a fan of the sample again. Think a simple rolling sub w/ out the lfo would have sounded better. All in all this is not too shabby, and is much better than my first post here. try working on your samples & a better mix. this seems over-processed

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
07-02-2011 04:08
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » shir_pan - Untitled