drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dazo - Dazo - Hyperworld
Go to the bottom of this page Dazo - Dazo - Hyperworld
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3259.png

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Please check out my new track 'Dazo - Hyperworld' and post your comments here!

This is one of my first dnb track, it's not finished yet, and i would like to know what do you think abou it, thanks!
02-02-2011 19:34
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

not being out of order hear mate but the very second this song started i could tell you hadn't been making music that long lool i dont mean to laugh so let me be constructive here try (for quite some time ) to make a beat on its own that u can bop ur head to with nothing else im sure if u took other elements out of this song u could not not ur head to this beat try that then re upload coz at the moment its pretty unlistenable not bein out of order as this is ur first choon , KEEP PACTTICING

__
buy the ticket take the ride
02-02-2011 20:47
Dazo Dazo is a male
Producer

No problem man, i wrote in the description, that it's one of the first, is like the third "tune" that i do, so it's normal that it's quite disgusting XD in fact the only reason why i posted it because i need some advise to do it better, so is all accepted
02-02-2011 20:56
Pace and Swift
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

I agree with Pusha, although I'm not going to be as rude as he was. If Andy C or DJ Fresh were to listen to any of our tunes they would probably think they were a load of crap anyway.

Getting back to the tune, the first thing I would be interested to know is what exactly you have produced this on and how you have 'mixed down' the tune as currently the sound quality is very bad. Also, make sure you have a limiter assigned to your master buss or stereo out so no clipping takes place. I would advise to purchase a drum n bass samplepack so you can get to grips with the various 'bones' that make up a drum n bass track. If money is a problem, then let me know and I may be able to send some royalty free ones to you by e-mail. Also get back to me with the details of your pc/mac setup.

All the best, Pace.
02-02-2011 23:52 Homepage of Pace and Swift
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Oke man, my firts tracks were similar to these, i hadn a clue about how to make beats, how to let het bass fit beneath it.
When i start a track I always start with the drums, I pick a nice kick and snare sample, must be of good quality cuz drums are essential in makin dnb. I take the snare and route it to a bus on the mixer panel, i add somse equalizing around 300 hz and some compressing to make in more snappy and fat. Then ik add another snare, i only use the high frequencies of it, i layer it on top of the fatter snare to give it a sparkling effect. I usually boost the kick around 80 hz, depends on the kick off course and the vibe you want to achieve with the track. After that i layer a amen break or a premade dnbbeat over the whole, i only use the very high frequencies of it, it give the break that rolling feeling. Then i add some hihats, rides a rimshot, not always only when necessary. After that i copy the whole break and make some variants,to make the tune les repetitive,i m not good at that, always too repetitive but jeah fuck it. Oke and then youve got your breaks RSPCT Good luck at producing

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

03-02-2011 15:01 Homepage of tryptech
Dazo Dazo is a male
Producer

thanks to all of you guys, you're helping me a lot, now i'm working on another a track and i'm triyng to make it simple but with more rhythm
03-02-2011 15:32
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

It's really hard in the beginning... I'm glad people honestly try to help you.

At first you should focus on beats, once you get your beats somewhat the way they have to be you'll be wanting to add bass.

Why not start off with some existing breakbeats and load them into a Slicer and mangle them to your liking. That way you'll learn to understand how a typical DnB groove works?

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
03-02-2011 15:51 Homepage of BattleDrone
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

its useful to have an idea of the structure often used in dnb

general starting point; phrases are blocks of 16, 32 and 64 bars where stuff happens for that length of time.

intro- 64 bars normally
then the drop (at 65 on your sequencer timeline) going into:
main phrase 32 or 64 bars...
first drop is usually at 65 in your sequencer if your making a dj friendly tune that can be mixed, or you can go earlier with your first drop but the dj's will moan/not play ur tune.
second drop at 97 (if you use 32 bar main phrase) or at 129 if you used a 64bar phrase..
breakdown (32 or 64)
second phrase/switch up 32 or 64
outro 32 or 64

voila.

there are exceptions to the rule, but work within the template to start with to find your feet..

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
03-02-2011 16:21
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

All in all it sounds a little monotonous for me, im missin some hihats & stuff, i can actually only hear base & snare as drums which is not enough for a „filled-up“ drumline, sounds more like an intro than a complete song, would like to hear the complete version though cause i like the athmosphere of the melody also the wobble, in my opinion its a good beginning but im not so sure where u wanna get with the track, needs still alot of work to become a "complete" track, especially the drums. The snare sounds too „distorted“ for me.

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
03-02-2011 18:01
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

I found it easier to concentrate on structure and composition first
-sound quality/engineering second

Im not naturally inclined to be musical and I had to learn the hard way.

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
03-02-2011 18:08
Dazo Dazo is a male
Producer

i'm making a tune trying to concetrate on this points, and i'm following the structure that you wrote here (impact), see what comes out
03-02-2011 18:21
Dazo Dazo is a male
Producer

i've completed now a new tune after a whole day of work on it, i think is pretty better than the old one, firt of all i've saw some tutorial about mastering, to have a better sound quality, and i've structurated the song like the scheme that impact wrote, i can't upload it now because the limit is one aploud every two days, so i'll upload it tomorrow so that you can say what you think about it.
03-02-2011 20:14
sevin
Producer

Registration Date: 09-01-2011

quote:
Originally posted by Pace and Swift
. If Andy C or DJ Fresh were to listen to any of our tunes they would probably think they were a load of crap anyway.

erm.... i highly doubt that. in fact i have evidence to suggest otherwise. feel free to browse through artists such as b-complex, dannylo, camo and krooked. i just recently had my track played on bailey's 1xtra show too.

__
mummy!! i made a song!! if i press this note.... and this one.... and this one....... and add these drums (click)and this funny bass sound (click)....

04-02-2011 00:30
pusha
waveform molester

Helpfulness rating: 

lool tell em sevin Big Grin

__
04-02-2011 00:32
pusha
waveform molester

Helpfulness rating: 

@ sevin ''myspace myspace'' is that sclub7 looooooooooooooooooool

__
04-02-2011 00:41
donnybrook donnybrook is a male
Donnybrook

images/avatars/avatar-3073.png

Registration Date: 10-03-2010

This being one of your first attempts, it wasn't horribly bad. It definitely needs a considerable amount of work though. One of the major things that you need to work on are you drum breaks. Try downloading some new break samples and play around with them. If you are using FL Studio open up a new channel with Fruity Slicer and drag a break in, analyze the structure and toy around with it. Heres a link to some good, simple breaks that would be great to start practicing with. http://www.junglebreaks.co.uk/breaks.html

Cheers man.

__
I like stuff and things.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by donnybrook: 04-02-2011 06:23.

04-02-2011 06:21
Pace and Swift
Producer

Pusha - Our 'Remix' has been played on KISS 100 and the video made the top 20 last week on Channel AKA (text AKA 4997 to 71000 and you might see it) Tongue

Sevin - Overall you're missing my point. Your man is laughing at someone who has uploaded one of their first dnb tracks to a website whose sole purpose is to help members improve their production skills. He's more or less laughing in his face and telling him not to come back until he's got better. My response to this was clear:

'If Andy C or DJ Fresh were to listen to any of our tunes, they would probably think they were a load of crap anyway.'

Now I'm not talking about Camo or Dannylo or anyone else, I'm talking about your tunes and our tunes (Pusha, Sevin, Pace and Swift). They might be good tunes relatively speaking, but for two of the industry's biggest 'head honchos' who get 100's of demos a month, they're probably not that good. (If you know different, then I stand corrected!) If Andy C heard one of Pace and Swift's tunes, he might laugh and throw it in the bin. That's why I'm definitely not laughing at Dazo (nobody else was laughing either by the way) and why I think your man was bang out of order.

Anyway, God Bless.
04-02-2011 14:44 Homepage of Pace and Swift
pusha
waveform molester

Helpfulness rating: 

If I was you I wouldn't be shouting that my track had been played on channel aka , channel aka is for cunts . I don't see why your putting yourself in the same bracket as us , our choons piss over yours that's a fact unfortunately u silly old tit and just one other question does swift have downs ?

__
04-02-2011 16:07
Pace and Swift
Producer

Pusha,

This is Swift here. For your information I dont have downs but hope your comment has been enough to amuse you!

As for your music related comments go ( which is why we are here ), clearly you are being ridiculous. To have a tune play on TV & Radio is an achievement in itself especially after only being together and producing for just one year. So your comments are totally unecessary and highly unappreciated by probably most people.

Clearly you have been researching us online and you are welcome to your opinion but to start talking like that is pathetic. We are not shouting about anything or trying to prove a point. We are solely here for our love of Drum n Bass not to start arguing with people and getting personal. We appreciate good feedback and offer our opinions to assist other artists.

I suggest you take a look at the way your speaking about people and sort it out. Your now offending lots of artists with your comments which just isnt needed and will not get you any respect throughout the industry.

We just finished another Remix for an artist and we are currenty working on projects with 3 other well known artists and one in particular who has alread had major success in UK music industry. We aim to work very hard to achieve our goals.

I dont expect a response to this unless it is sensible. We are not holding any grudges and Pace and I wish you the best with your music, and trust you wish us the best too!!!

Peace
Swift
;-)
04-02-2011 16:51 Homepage of Pace and Swift
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

u need to eq the bass lil, see where the kick is most prominant in the freq range, and lower the freq. on the bass at that freq range.
snare could use some more snappyess to it.
the bass sounds the same as when i started dnb /dubstepSmile
you'll get the hang of it, just try experimenting with it, and try and find nice vst's to edit your basses, like a good distortion vst etc
tip: listen carefully to other dnb tracks, and try putting some of the elements u hear in those tracks, in your tunes.

__

The One - Age Break
04-02-2011 19:52
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Dazo - Dazo - Hyperworld