drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Rise
Go to the bottom of this page Rise
Author
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Rise' and post your comments here!

Easy, not been on here for ages, loads of new names on here. got a ragga jungle track, not gonna win any prizes for production quality with this one....went for an old skool sound you could say...
if ya like it you can download it for free from unjustifiedrecords.com or soundcloud.com/bone-man
cheers

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by bm84: 26-11-2011 20:49.

20-01-2011 21:28 Homepage of bm84
P.T.J P.T.J is a male
Sponsor

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Firstly I thought that this rack was a pure reggae number. The kick into the main body worked well.
The old skool sound works well especially with the delayed piano stabs. Production wise it sounds like old skool should (rough and ready, analog style).
All in all this tune has it's place and would work well for transitioning from a low BPM e.g reggae/dancehall to a faster pace.
20-01-2011 23:22
P.T.J P.T.J is a male
Sponsor

Double post removed !

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by P.T.J: 21-01-2011 00:23.

20-01-2011 23:22
ksd ksd is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3163.jpg

Registration Date: 27-10-2009

intro is nice, the transition to the drop coud be smoother.
the first part of the drop with the two vocals is to chaotic for my taste.
the second part is sweet, the delayed piano works well and i do prefer those vocals to the first ones.
drum programming is good and fits the track well.
the old school feel is definately there..
21-01-2011 13:10
Pace and Swift
Producer

The tune has got a good feel to it. I'm not really a fan of the old-skool jungle/ragga type stuff but I think the tune has potential. I would put some atmospheric pads in the intro underneath the vocals just to give it a greater sense of depth. It also seems like you have gone for a key change further along in the tune. The amens get a bit annoying if you keep them rolling on and on. Maybe chop them up or alternate them with each other.
21-01-2011 14:11 Homepage of Pace and Swift
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

real nice intro rudeboy! Sweet vox. nice amen edits, but i think that's way too dirty an amen sample fo this tune. A cleaner amen woulda sounded better i think. Also, there's some bad EQig b/t the kick & the bass. It almost sounds like you've got two basslines playing at once. Nice dubby chords, but i dont like the panning too much. The terrorist reece sounds nice. Dont mean to sound harsh, but man this could be a killer tune w/ some better samples & mixing. Otherwise its just too noisy right now. I'd love to have a go a remix tho. Wink

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
21-01-2011 15:48
bm84 bm84 is a male
Bone Man

Registration Date: 14-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

cheers for the comments, theyre all appreciated....

i did experiment with using cleaner breaks as well as more rolling ones but to be honest i wasnt feeling it so much! with this one i guess i was pretty influenced by the more breakcore/raggacore style production, with ruff sounds and lots of distortion and noise, realise its not to alot of peoples tastes though and the quality suffers. tune was a bitch to mixdown too!

dLO, cheers for the comments on soundcloud an that, maybe i could do a remix of one of yours too eh, likin your dubs

__
www.soundcloud.com/bone-man
21-01-2011 19:58 Homepage of bm84
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Mixdown sounds really messy and clipping.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
22-01-2011 02:07 Homepage of BattleDrone
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Rise