drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Upload latency changed from 5 days to 2
Go to the bottom of this page Upload latency changed from 5 days to 2
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

It is now possible to upload a track 2 days after uploading a previous one. 5 days was a bit long, many producers have ran into this wall already.

This upload delay is intended to prevent new producers from flooding the site with their entire backlog of tunes, as often happened in the past. The problem is that when you are working on a track and have uploaded a preview you also had to wait 5 days to upload the next preview and that is unreasonable.

I reduced it now, but I can imagine that 2 days will still seem like a long time to some people.

There are some other possible solutions: first of all allowing producers to delete their own tracks. This has been planned from the outset but never made it in the site because I lack the time to implement and test it. It would be great to have though, I bet a lot of people would love to get rid of some of their old / crappy / released / unfinished tracks.

Second solution would be to make like a flexible upload wall that takes into account your general activity stream on the site, so that new producers would get 1 or 2 upload slots, while the venerable old producers with hundreds of reviews under their belt would retain their unlimited upload slots.

If anyone has some other ideas I'd love to hear it.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
19-01-2011 09:35 Homepage of thechronic
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

If anyone has an old tune they want to see removed from the site, just PM me with a link to the tune and I'll take care of it.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-01-2011 11:45 Homepage of BattleDrone
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

Thats great Chronic- thankyou!
I'd prefer the manual system to add/delete.

I tend to post iterative wips as Im still a n00b and need the feedback to bolster my fragile musical ego Big Grin

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
28-01-2011 09:31
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

This is sweet coz now u could just make an intro label it so and you could get piece by piece reviews on a track would get better insight to what you want to know about what people think about certain parts of track . Nice lol @ impact fragile ego

__
buy the ticket take the ride
02-02-2011 11:09
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Upload latency changed from 5 days to 2