drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » ksd - No Mercy (no Sure Yet)
Go to the bottom of this page ksd - No Mercy (no Sure Yet)
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3163.jpg

Registration Date: 27-10-2009

Please check out my new track 'No Mercy (no Sure Yet)' and post your comments here!

ok..time has come to upload my second track. it's still a preview but the main drop is almost done..i'm thinking on making some more variations in the hats and some drum edits but not a lot more..the intro needs some more work..i will add some other elements to create some more tension for the build up and probably some vocals (speech) before the drop..
yeah well im interested in hearing some opinions and if you have some nice ideas just write 'em down Happy
18-01-2011 14:27
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

There's too much going on in the drop, please turn down the high FX thingies a bit.
Solid tune, please don't add some silly speech in the intro because that would ruin the whole thing.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
18-01-2011 19:43 Homepage of BattleDrone
Yoshimaru
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3254.jpg

Registration Date: 19-09-2010

Hello

Like the intro man. Lots of hihat action goin' on. Well done. The buildup is awesome. Drums comin' in, a synth, a nice bass. Sounds awesome together.

Just like battledrone said. Don't put vocals inthere bro it sounds perfect this way. The sample that sounds like a robot or something is a lil' too loud for me. It sounds cool together with the bass, but alone its a bit 'cranky'. It takes the attention away from the main tune.
If you realy wanna use speech, maybe you could mix some "Ah" or "Uh" samples with the drums if you can understand what I'm saying? Together with the snare ore whatever ...

This is an awesome track man and its only your second one so that means you have serious skills.

Keep it up!
18-01-2011 20:57
ksd ksd is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3163.jpg

Registration Date: 27-10-2009

hey guys, thanks for the review

@BD with high fx you mean only the "kind of laser sound" or how you wanna call them or also the raiser samples?..the speech i was thinking about was only the sentence from the movie machete: "god has mercy, i don't" before the drop..but well, maybe i will reconsider it..

@Yoshimaru the robot sounding thing was a bit lower originally..then a friend of mine thought i should make i a lil' bit louder and so i did..but maybe i'll take it back down a bit..
i did produce some more bits and tryed some other stuff (maybe 6-8 attempts)..but they never made it past a few bars...so this is just the second one that made it so far and the second time i made an intro for a tune (so i consider it my second track)...but it's not really the second attempts at producing something..
18-01-2011 21:33
P.T.J P.T.J is a male
Sponsor

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

The sub in this track is very pronounced and adds a nice bottom punch. I think the intro is ok but you could lift the level of the snare a dB' or two if only to be 'DJ friendly'. On my system there is a nice use of the space, depth and width. Maybe a little more air up top to balance out such a strong bottom end. I really like the feel of this one, subtle and eerie but not so dark that it overwhelms you. If you add vocals do it VERY sparingly as this track has a lot going on already. I like the hats maybe just a bit of ringshifting or flanger would help add the variation your looking for. Nice growls sounds like Sylenth1. Nice Faithless sound in the stabs but not a clone, thankfully. Well done.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by P.T.J: 21-01-2011 02:27.

21-01-2011 02:24
Pace and Swift
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Reminds me a bit of a cross between Delta Heavy and old Moving Fusion. I would change the kick. Although it's nice and heavy, it sounds a bit too natural and doesn't sit well in the track. It also sounds like the kick has got some frequencies below 80hz which I would get rid of. Also the snare needs more 'thwack' and 'crunch' as it gets a bit lost when the drop comes. I really like your pad and fx sections although I would add more and keep alternating different sounds. The tune has a good texture overall and with some tweaking can be made to sound professional quality. You're right about the vocals, it needs something in the intro. Maybe some kind of science fiction thing where someone is explaining something technical. You good pile on a weird effect and compress the hell out of it to keep it below everything else but just about noticeable. Don't forget to play the tune on different systems as you will notice different instruments popping out at you, or not as the case may be. Some parts may be too loud, too quiet, or too in your face. I usually play my tunes on a friend's system, then in my car, then in the kitchen, and they all sound different. Obviously because you're sitting in your studio making the track, you're ears get used to the texture of the sound and there may be a lot going on that your brain subconsciously is ignoring. All the best.
22-01-2011 16:06 Homepage of Pace and Swift
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » ksd - No Mercy (no Sure Yet)