drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Subkinetik - The Tribe (dubstep/drumstep/dnb)
Go to the bottom of this page Subkinetik - The Tribe (dubstep/drumstep/dnb)
Author
Cupid Stunt

images/avatars/avatar-2802.jpg

Registration Date: 24-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Please check out my new track 'The Tribe (dubstep/drumstep/dnb)' and post your comments here!

Semi-finished track, just looking for tips for improving the transition between the tempos. Tried a lot of stuff with it and even considered having it as two seperate tracks. Lemme know what you think anyway

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/SUBKINETIK
14-01-2011 07:56 Homepage of Subkinetik
djequium

Registration Date: 14-01-2011

Dubstep half is cool, squelchy with good drum programming. The reintroduction of the synth stabs over the rolling bass is wicked. 2:50 dark synths are evil but work really well with the track. I think a drop and a vocal before introducing the tempo change would be the way forward. a second of nothing apart from the sample and then the change of tempo possibly using the synth stab loop and beats to start off at the tempo change. At the moment it sounds a bit like a 33 temp change to a 45. Overall though extremely good
14-01-2011 08:59
ksd ksd is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3163.jpg

Registration Date: 27-10-2009

Big up for making a track with tempo change..i find them really useful cause i like to do some sets of different styles..maybe 3 different ones in just one track are 1 too much..i would limit it to dubstep and dnb as you have both slow and fast and for me there's no need of a "half beat fast part"
a bigger build up for the transitions would be great and create some nice tension before the heavier and faster drop..
production is good..nice hats with some nice high end you got there although they could use some variations..kick and snare could be more present in the mix..
synths are nice and heavy..the one that comes in at 2.49 is sweeeeet!!!is it a sample or did you made it??
add some fx to keep the track more interesting..
anyway nice one..enjoyed listenig to it!
14-01-2011 15:51
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Master has some forced stereo (everyrhing sounds slightly panned to the left). This causes phasecanceling on the bass.
Tune is very ok otherwise.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
14-01-2011 16:03 Homepage of BattleDrone
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

nasty bass! love tha melody. nice scratch sfx & drum edits. frankly i quite like this as a dubstep tune only. you can try something like dropping everyting out & maybe a vocal drop b4 the dnb vip if you really want it in the same tune.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
16-01-2011 00:16
Subkinetik Subkinetik is a male
Cupid Stunt

images/avatars/avatar-2802.jpg

Registration Date: 24-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Ok thanks for the feedback i have made a few changes and will upload again once the 1 upload per 5 days thing expires.

@ djequium i couldnt find a good vocal sample to cover it but ive improvised with the synth instead, as you will hear Smile

@ksd there is only one temp change, and thats from 140 to 175. The half beat fast part is called drumstep but ive still improvised on that following your comment to make it sit better transitionally so it sounds more natural in the sequence as you too will hear in the next upload. The bass at 2:49 is NOT sampled, however i did use a youtube tutorial to create it on Reason's Thor synth a lot time ago before i twisted it to my own liking Wink . I have it saved as a combinator patch now.

@BattleDrone yea i noticed that i think there was an issue with the LAME mp3 encoder which i think i have fixed now. (Got a new pc and re-downloaded audacity and lame and re-exported the wav file to mp3)

@dLO Thanks for the comments, im gonna keep the tempo change in there though and as i said to djequium ive made the transition a little smoother now. I probably would prefer it as just dubstep too but ive put a lot of effort into the transition etc and would hate to see it go to waste lol

Again, thanks for the feedback, hopefully you will all enjoy the finished product when i upload it Smile
SAFE

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/SUBKINETIK
18-01-2011 13:25 Homepage of Subkinetik
ksd ksd is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3163.jpg

Registration Date: 27-10-2009

yeah i know what drumstep is Big Grin my message was more about the fact that as you already have a slow part (dubstep at 140) there's no need to have another slow part (drumstep) after you speeded up the track to 175bpm..just personal taste Big Grin
anyway big up for the twisted bass..looking forward to hear the new version
18-01-2011 13:56
goonybag goonybag is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 12-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

this is a really cool track, bloody well mastered for sure, sounds sweet as on my monitors!

I dont really hear any problems with your transitions, this is a different approach, and I think youve done a damn good job.

__
www.soundcloud.com/hyphae
26-01-2011 02:57 Homepage of goonybag
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Subkinetik - The Tribe (dubstep/drumstep/dnb)