drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DRS - I'll Set You Free
Go to the bottom of this page DRS - I'll Set You Free
Author
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Please check out my new track 'I'll Set You Free' and post your comments here!

The vocal is fairly distressed due to the amount of manipulation in melodyne etc i have used to get it all into key. i am planning to replace it with a live recorded vocal soon.

Cant find any decent piano samples or synths. at the moment i am using the sampletank2 standard samples with roomworks over it (im not the biggest fan). I am looking for either the Sampletank piano le sample pack or the grand vst. any one got em?
14-01-2011 04:03 Homepage of DRS
djequium

Registration Date: 14-01-2011

Great drop into piano riff. and tinkly synth. female vocals don't sound too bad actually, bit hardcore meets dnb. Excellent second half with the chunky bass. Piano does need a bit more depth in terms of richness, but thats only due to the limitation of the sample set. Great work mate
14-01-2011 09:06
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

If you can't find a decent piano, then go for somehting different.
Mix sounds a bit flat and lifeless and it's pretty silent. Vocal could be better indeed.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
14-01-2011 16:05 Homepage of BattleDrone
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

nice intro. yea piano is just okay. it almost kinda works in a lo-fi way, but since the rest of the track doesn't have that vibe, it doesn't really fit - although it could. I could do without the little tubular bells melody pad Wink love the strings @ 1:10+!!! & a really nice drop. Nice bass. wish the vox were cleaner for sure. Mix is a bit muddy, needs work. where'd ya get that little "woah-ayh-woah-ayh-woah-ayh" vocal sfx that comes in @ 0:18???

Overall, real nice tune. great vibe, just think some cleaning up would make it an instant banger.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
16-01-2011 00:12
Pace and Swift
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

I really like your build-up and I like your percussive melodies in the drop as well as in the intro. Your intro drums sound very similar to Ram Trilogy's 'Brainwash'. I like your textures overall but I would change the pattern of the sub as I think the stabbing motion makes the track feel a little unbalanced. Try no sub at the beginning of the first bar of the drop, but then the sub coming in on the first snare and holding there until the end of the 2nd bar. Then again, cut out for the beginning of the third bar (on the kick) but then come in on the first snare. Obviously change the notes around so you get the melody you want. I'm thinking of the sub in Sigma's 'Front to Back' and also Sub Focus's 'Deep Space' (in places). Just my opinion. Pretty impressed though. Keep it up. Pace out.
25-01-2011 11:49 Homepage of Pace and Swift
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » DRS - I'll Set You Free