drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » eurk0 - The Borg
Go to the bottom of this page eurk0 - The Borg
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 28-05-2008

Please check out my new track 'The Borg' and post your comments here!

Some space influences hereBig Grin anyway, the borg race from star trek's one of my favourite races from now on Big Grin hope you guys like the track. comments are very appreciated!
btw it's only 1:30 demo, because it's in a comptetition, so i can't expose the full lenght of the track. enjoy

__
http://soundcloud.com/eurk0

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by eurk0: 09-01-2011 15:02.

09-01-2011 15:00
sevin
Producer

Registration Date: 09-01-2011

yes mate feeling the intro, first off the drums are tight and well produced. like the eerie background effects running throughout, they add a lot to the overall feel of the track. the borg vocal is really well used in the build up to the drop. im not normally a fan of this kind of dnb but i enjoyed this, like the subtle switches in the basslines on the drop. nothing i can really fault on this track overall, its growing on me after each listen (actually one little gripe is i think the snare could be a tad louder in the mix, but thats it) look forward to hearing the finished version somewhere. big up Smile

__
mummy!! i made a song!! if i press this note.... and this one.... and this one....... and add these drums (click)and this funny bass sound (click)....

09-01-2011 18:13
eurk0 eurk0 is a male
Producer

exactly, sevin Smile snare's lacking a bit of punch. will work on that Smile thanks for the commentWink

__
09-01-2011 18:20
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

nice vox Wink like the drop for sure. defo some spacy elements. nice bass. This style is not really my cup, but some nice production here. break fits well, nice sfx, like i said, killer bass. mix is a bit muddied by the low-end - maybe could use to bring up those hats a bit more. good work.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
09-01-2011 20:00
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

like the drums not really a fan of the arped/gated synth after the drop like the fx drop could of been more climatic tho

__
buy the ticket take the ride
09-01-2011 20:58
ksd ksd is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3163.jpg

Registration Date: 27-10-2009

wow!!some nice techstep here..this is what i like to hear!!
drums are nice and punchy (the snare could be a bit louder and snappyer), drive the track really well
tight bass and nice automation..
sound fx and intro create a really spacey
atmo with good stereo image..nice use of the vocals in the intro..
really like the track..good job mate!!
wish you good luck for the comp and hope to hear the final version..
09-01-2011 23:34
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I really like this tune, too bad you cut us off right when it was getting good Huh Big Grin
Im a treky myself, borg ftw! haha really digging all your fx bleeps and bloops in there it does add to the spacey feel quite well, very techy... cant wait to hear the finished product and as for that snare raise it up, layer it, something cause i can barely hear it... granted these headphones are shite! where you dropping the finished version, wouldnt mind checking it out, that is if you dont mind sharing with the rest of the class Tongue good luck in the comp holms peace

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
10-01-2011 21:34
eurk0 eurk0 is a male
Producer

thank you all for the comments guys!
2clix: true, i should really do something with that snare, before the tune goes out. right now i can't really tell you where it will be. it's in a competition, so i have to wait to see, whether it wins or not. i could take half a year.. anyhow, i'll be referencing the label on my soundcloud Smile

__
10-01-2011 21:48
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Extra score for the fucked up track name! Tongue
Good tune, finish it!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
10-01-2011 23:13 Homepage of BattleDrone
eurk0 eurk0 is a male
Producer

it is already finished Smile but can't throw it on net yet
thx for the extra scoreBig Grin

__
10-01-2011 23:30
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » eurk0 - The Borg