drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » dLO - Faithful To The End (dj Roger)
Go to the bottom of this page dLO - Faithful To The End (dj Roger)
Author
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

Please check out my new track 'Faithful To The End (dj Roger)' and post your comments here!

first real foray into the more liquid side. spent a few days chopping the original up (originally an old soul / R&B tune by DJ Roger) & putting this together. Frankly, my patience is wearing thin on this tune. I've spent way too much time on it already, but i still feel its missing that big hook or something to put it over the edge. Right now it just kinda rolls along then ends. Comments / crits on how / if i can fix this would be a big help. otherwise, i'm moving on.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
09-01-2011 04:58
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

NICE! The production on this is wicked man, i can see you've spent alot of time on this.

The Piano,Trumpet and side stick sound a little slack to the rest of the track, almost sounds intentional tho, like you put some swing quantize on them?
When it drops at 2:57 and that vocal the the Wah on it comes in is wicked but i would maybe just leave the vocals in and drop the instruments out.

Really good stuff and mix is really good, sounds pro man.
09-01-2011 10:34
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

i know what you mean about waiting for that hook to come along i have the same problem when dabbling on the liquid side like this one mate chilled out got good soul elements in here works well keep at it mate the only thing i could suggest that prob wouldnt work as im no expert on this side lol but maybe some sort of mid bass synth i dunno really

__
buy the ticket take the ride
09-01-2011 10:51
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Likee this one alot man, i would like to remix it when ive got the time, the drums are really nicely done, al ffx are spot one, just the bassline needs some 'lenzman' texturee

Really good track, best liquid since binary havocc man

Only think the last note of your bassline is a little off, but just a little

RSPCT on this one

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

09-01-2011 11:40 Homepage of tryptech
sevin
Producer

Registration Date: 09-01-2011

like the intro, very soulful, can appreciate the work thats gone into editing and chopping the sample up. wow, i love the drop, its just what i was hoping for after the breakdown. you say it kinda just rolls and ends, i think your right, thats all this tune needs to do, any big hook or lead ect would ruin this for what it is, which is a deep soulful classic dnb roller. if you do want to add anything to this track, i would say that you add a couple of small and subtle effects in the track just to give it some sparkle. overall this is one o the best tunes ive heard on here for a while. big ups Smile

__
mummy!! i made a song!! if i press this note.... and this one.... and this one....... and add these drums (click)and this funny bass sound (click)....

09-01-2011 18:20
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

Helpfulness rating: 

@ Recon47: thnx mate. Good catch on the samples not catching the tempo entirely. This is because the original recording was not done to a click track. So it gradually changes tempo a few bpm here & there. So when i chopped, edited & stretched the original tune to match 174bpm some spots are a bit off. Adds another dynamic maybe? lol. Unfortunately, b/c i don't have an acapella to work with. All vocal samples have instrument played along with them.

@ Pusha: Yea the liquid vibes is defo out of both of our comfort zones. I think you're right w/ needing more than just a sub bass tho. thnx

@ Tryptech: Thnx mate. Lenzman type bass would prolly work really well. Now to learn how to do that Wink And I think you're right about the bassline. I think its off in general by a few cents b/c of time-stretching / pitch bending. Must be more noticeable on the higher notes. thnx.

@ sevin: thnx mate. maybe you're right. guess i'm just used to makin jungle bangers Big Grin this might just work as a liquid roller. and yea sfx to come for sure. some sweeps may help big time. thnx.

__
follow me here:
09-01-2011 19:57
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Yo if you change that bassline to like something in that die and interface track "bright lights" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeOCJReaYIU
this would be an absolute an amazing tune, but to make a bassline that was as catchy... but completely different...that would be a task...
Dont get me wrong the sub works, gives it that jungle vibe, but this track has potential to go above and beyond that jungle sound...peace

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
09-01-2011 22:08
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by 2clix
Yo if you change that bassline to like something in that die and interface track "bright lights" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeOCJReaYIU
this would be an absolute an amazing tune, but to make a bassline that was as catchy... but completely different...that would be a task...
Dont get me wrong the sub works, gives it that jungle vibe, but this track has potential to go above and beyond that jungle sound...peace

I've been rinsing that tune alot along with oberon's "paradise" both were big time influences for this track. I agree that a catchier baseline might do the trick. Also, as others have mentioned too, something other than the sub would aide. Thanks for the input, glad u dig.

edit: i've been rinsing the lenzman rmx of bright lights

__
follow me here:

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by dLO: 10-01-2011 03:47.

10-01-2011 01:29
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Lenzman remix is unbelievable, but what isnt commin from him, love his sounds and sampling methods

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

11-01-2011 11:34 Homepage of tryptech
DRS DRS is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Well this track is pretty banging.
14-01-2011 04:11 Homepage of DRS
DRS DRS is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

Well this track is pretty banging.
14-01-2011 04:13 Homepage of DRS
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » dLO - Faithful To The End (dj Roger)