drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » typical arpeggiated sound for in liquid dnb
Go to the bottom of this page typical arpeggiated sound for in liquid dnb
Author

Registration Date: 05-01-2011

Hello, yesterday i was listening to the amazing track from underworld > Scribble. I think it´s ,made 2gether with High COntrast. I just have one question about this track . In this video you can hear on min. 0:05

in the background a kind of arpeggiated sound ,but i can find out in ableton how to make that kind of arp sound (is it a stepsequence?). Is there somebody who can help me two explain how i can make that sound in ableton.. I think it s not a standard arpeggiator.

grtz 3zzy
05-01-2011 23:01
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Nice tune.
Dunno about the arpeggiated synth mate...
Use some VST that supports arpeggio and mess around with it until you get close enough or you find something else that does it for you.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
07-01-2011 01:33 Homepage of BattleDrone
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

That is just some cheap plucked instrument being arpeggiated. Sounds pretty synthesized to me and not like a real recording, therefore you should be able to find it as a preset. I remember sytrus (image line) had some cheesy stuff like that, try a demo.
in case you don’t know how to create an arpeggiator with ableton or any vst, just play the notes manually or holla again and I’ll help you out.
07-01-2011 16:47 Homepage of Gregg
beun_co

Registration Date: 05-01-2011

Hi, i`m gonna check tha sytrus-one.

thx grtz 3zzy
07-01-2011 21:09
Vehemence Vehemence is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 24-02-2012

Instead of using an arpeggiator just look up basic chord progression tutorials, make your own and split it up! That way you can always change the notes around (maybe at only one point in the melody) A couple of saw/square waves or a combination of both with some stereo width (Reverbs, short delays) should do the trick, just keep the releases short

__
www.soundcloud.com/xphixiate
www.facebook.com/xphixiate
xphixiate.bandcamp.com
09-04-2013 14:54
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Ableton Live » typical arpeggiated sound for in liquid dnb