drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Hidden identity - Bad Base
Go to the bottom of this page Hidden identity - Bad Base
Author
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

Please check out my new track 'Bad Base' and post your comments here!

Hello everyone. I made this in 1 hour using FL-Studio. This is my own style and method. Not everyone will like it, but some do.

I did not add build ups an intro or an outro. I just made it like this. Strait forward. Tell me what you think of it friends.

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
29-12-2010 01:55
vinta9e vinta9e is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2792.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Sorry for being harsh. I don't mean to be a grumpy prick nor i need to. I'll just try to help you progress as a producer.

Firstly, there isn't really any structure. There are just different sections one after the other. The order sounds random, the tune lacks tension. Drum & bass minus structure equals instant ear fatigue.

Secondly, note choice: the lead pattern in the first 20 seconds sounds totally out of context introducing incoherence.

3) The tones. Man, just dump that first 20 second riff. By the time it repeats for the third time I want to scream STFU! It is that awful. Other places are better but still no ear candy throughout. The drums sound like a pair of drumloops which is a bad thing concerning listener interest.
Overall there is too much pitch-shifted samples. It does sound good in places but here they are out of proportion.

My last advice is take your time and put some effort into producing your tunes. If you don't care about your music nobody else will.

good luck!
29-12-2010 15:01
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Too much reverb, sounds are drawning. everything is very centered in the mix, user the stereo field to get a clearer and fuller sound. Some parts have quite boring basslines and a structure of some kind doesn't always seem present. It seems like you tried all kinds of different basslines on a drumloop. But for 1 hour work it isn't all that bad.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
29-12-2010 19:05 Homepage of BattleDrone
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

Structure can use some work. Like the bass sounds a lot, but they need some development, try exporting them from frooty loops two exports for each segment, one high and the other low for the sub without any reverb. Do some filter edits "all dry" making the bass a little sharper in a editing program like Sound Forge, then limit the sounds then re-import all the different edits using different “LIGHT” reverb, pick the best bass sample(s) that do not make a mess of the mixdown. Be sure to separate the sub from the bass, no verb on the sub at all. If you have a sound proofed room reverb can be added a lot easier; keep the reverb very light on the bass sounds brutha. Drumz can be a little tighter also, shorten some of the sounds in the FL slicer. I like the tune allot, it has a lot of potential, that is the reason for my criticism. Take care brutha.

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
31-12-2010 11:04 Homepage of Dub Bananez
jassummisko
Producer

Registration Date: 02-01-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

This song is really good! And Im surprised you made it in 1 hour! Its really good! And NO! THE BASS IS NOT BAD LOL!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

This is what I did:

Overall production quality:
What is your general impression of the track?
Your vote: Where can I buy this??

Structure / buildup:
What do you think of the structure?
*Your vote:
Excellent, everything is just spot on!

Melodies / drum programming:
Your Vote:
This rivals Bach!!

Originality:
*Your vote:
Wow this must be a new style! Never heard anything like this before!

Shake factor:
*Your vote:
REWIND!!!

I PERSONALLY give you a 10/10 cause this song is awesome!

Happy New Year!!! And yeah that!!! W00T Smile

~Jassummisko

02-01-2011 17:46
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Mastering is very gooddd, but jess it yourone style
so i give only comments on the mastering. Youve got very good sounds in it.
Good track

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

03-01-2011 15:06 Homepage of tryptech
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

did u use reverb on the master ? cos it sounds like it a bit to me

__
buy the ticket take the ride
05-01-2011 23:31
ostadosmo
rrrrrrrawk!

images/avatars/avatar-3246.gif

Registration Date: 06-01-2011

some damn good sounds in this preview!

if you're gonna do a tune at least give some thought as to how the sounds are presented, yes I read the excuse that it has no intro outro but face it - the sounds can't be appreciated if there is no introduction

what patterns you got all have great potential to turn it into a tune so the basis is there.

Don't like some bits about the mixdown, the sounds are drowning eachother and as it is now a mush of overloaded compression and reverbation, go easy on those!

keep at, wonder how the full product sounds.
07-01-2011 19:56
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Hidden identity - Bad Base