drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » vinta9e - Suspension
Go to the bottom of this page vinta9e - Suspension
Author
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2792.jpg

Registration Date: 05-04-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Suspension' and post your comments here!

Long time no see amigos! I had to come back into drum & bass land after having listened to some amazing tracks by Calyx. Enjoy!
28-12-2010 23:18
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

The intro is really really long and during that the available drums are panned to the right (?)
Once it drops it's really nice. But it misses that little something that makes you go BANG what a tune!
It's the kind of stuff you hear at parties a lot so it's pretty good :-)

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
29-12-2010 01:06 Homepage of BattleDrone
vinta9e vinta9e is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Thank you, BattleDrone. The drums in the intro are filtered using a stereo impulse response; their stereo localisation is actually a psychoacoustic thingie Wink

I know it can't be an excuse if they sound plain bad though, haha. They are just not panned.

The intro could actually use some noises to attract more attention and yeah i know there's a fugly click as the second texture pad enters. But that is not a super important factor on track enjoyment, or is it?

I've used a lot of new concepts in the making of this tune, actually I find some of the bass _tones_ (timbres) quite enjoyable. Yet somehow something makes this track sloppy and weak.

I know it sucks, I'm just trying to find out why Confused
29-12-2010 12:12
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

GOOODD mix

much energy
love it
snare could use some more fatt
but gotaah love that baselinneee

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

03-01-2011 15:07 Homepage of tryptech
vinta9e vinta9e is a male
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Cheers, tryptech

Somehow my snare is never fat enough. It's true I am a clarity maniac and probably my speakers are very dishonest about the 250Hz snare-fat-area but one day I will just change my methods and sidechain the whole bass and low mids to duck for the snare so it can be obscenely fat and still cut through.

I am still unhappy with the _overall_ reception. The drop doesn't BANG the way it should. A friend told me the drop itself is too "literal" as in there is not enough surprise when the bassline hits.

keep them comments coming Devil
09-01-2011 02:16
sevin
Producer

Registration Date: 09-01-2011

enjoyed the intro on this one, does seem a little long in my opinion. I personally think the build up from the intro to the drop could be a little better, it seems as if there are too many elements from the drop in the intro itself, so the impact you have when it drops is not that great. as the track goes on i think it picks up a lot, loving the minimal vibe throughout. The drums could do with a little more work if im honest, they seem pretty weak in contrast to the rest of the track. overall i think this tune has a lot of potential, with a bit more work this could be big.

__
mummy!! i made a song!! if i press this note.... and this one.... and this one....... and add these drums (click)and this funny bass sound (click)....

09-01-2011 18:06
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » vinta9e - Suspension