drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Shop » BUYING HEADPHONE AMP in uk
Go to the bottom of this page BUYING HEADPHONE AMP in uk
Author
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-3242.jpg

Registration Date: 23-12-2010

I want a headphone amp.

Preferably with 4 or more h/p outs. Don't care if its just got one source in. PM me what your selling with a price or just reply to this thread.

I'm not going to spend more than £70.

Thanks.
Oli
24-12-2010 03:46
RedWormAudio
Tourist

A second hand Behringer HA4700 POWERPLAY PRO-XL would be fking perfect.

Anyone.
24-12-2010 03:52
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by RedWormAudio
A second hand Behringer HA4700 POWERPLAY PRO-XL would be fking perfect.

If you don’t care about side noise and don’t want a distortion-free sound… well then maybe.

I would rather not get that device second hand though because after (intense) usage it’s known to last not much longer than two years. Pick a dealer with good customer support and keep your warranty card!
In addition Behringers quality control isn’t the best, so even if you get a brand new device it might already be broken.

If a flat, powerless sound and the rest I mentioned sounds perfect to you, you can get the preamp. Luckily it’s only a little investment and probably worth the risk.
24-12-2010 11:59 Homepage of Gregg
RedWormAudio
Tourist

Yeah I've got the Behringer ADAT thing and thats pretty sweet. And I've used their monitors and desks alot so I have faith in the brand. But now I think about it the desk did develop a slight crackle! Not mine though luckily!

What would you suggest then? I liked the look of it because its simple, has a master out and is pretty cheap.
But I am open to opinions!
24-12-2010 15:02
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I guess you won't find a comparable device in that price range which is alot better.. I usually keep my hands off behringer products that might directly influence my sound. In case you are on low budget go for it. Don't in case you want somthing quality for the next 5 years.
27-12-2010 14:06 Homepage of Gregg
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Shop » BUYING HEADPHONE AMP in uk