drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » TuffDread - Submission
Go to the bottom of this page TuffDread - Submission
Author
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Submission' and post your comments here!

Just a preview at the minute but I thought I'd upload at least something as it's been so long. Any comments appreciated. Cheers, Tuff.

__
Huh
23-12-2010 19:57 Homepage of TuffDread
Dethworm Dethworm is a male
Cymatics

images/avatars/avatar-2734.jpg

Registration Date: 11-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

Crispy drums, vocal almost impossible to understand. Too effected. Needs a more defined drop and element introductions. Needs further arrangement. Synth sound is very singular and needs more layering and automation. Gets repetitive. Sounds are nice but there is also no bass line. Kick could punch through more as well.

__

www.soundcloud.com/riveraccorsi
23-12-2010 20:20 Homepage of Dethworm
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

Helpfulness rating: 

Would you like to crisp it up a bit for me dethworm? Huh
I know it's very repetative at the min, in need of some desperate variation, firstly need to come up with some ideas.
What exactly do you mean by element introductions? Thanks very much for the help by the way. Wink

__
Huh

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TuffDread: 23-12-2010 20:26.

23-12-2010 20:26 Homepage of TuffDread
Cymatics

Helpfulness rating: 

Elements can be introduced via volume automations like fade ins or with filter automations like a Low Pass filter that sweeps the sound in. Also drum edits can be used to segway between ideas like a little drum roll or little variation programming that makes each part stick together better. All the sounds here are very clean and professional sound but the overall frequency response along a flat curve from 20hz which is bass to 20,000 khz needs to be completely filled. So you need a sound like a bass from 20 to 120 hz that fills the bass sector and no other sound can be competing with it at all as not to "muddy"up the mix with too many low frequency sounds. So listed to a lot of drum and bass and notice how different elements fade in and fade out or are introduced after a drum fill and how the arrangement moves along. All of this will come to you after a lot of time working on productions so keep working and you've got a good start here! Dont give up ever! Here is my article on electronic music production...

http://www.helium.com/items/1738850-elec...usic-production

__

23-12-2010 20:33 Homepage of Dethworm
Mr. Tuff

Helpfulness rating: 

Wow, thanks for your help. I'm going to give that article a read. I always have trouble producing sub bass. I was just wondering which is your DAW of choice?

__
Huh
23-12-2010 20:39 Homepage of TuffDread
Cymatics

Helpfulness rating: 

I use Reason 4 rewired into Pro Tools for more detailed mixing and mastering. What do you think of my track "Flagellation"?

__

23-12-2010 21:39 Homepage of Dethworm
Mr. Tuff

Helpfulness rating: 

Well, I think it's really good, I will write you a review if you like but I just wouldnt know where to start on offering you advice! I'll go give it a shot now if you like.

__
Huh
23-12-2010 21:41 Homepage of TuffDread
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

nice vox in the intro. bring em up a little in the mix plz! Woah, killer bass. was not expecting a jump up tune! might want to get a more climatic drop tho. Break could use some layering & I'm not totally loving the snare needs more high-end snap IMO. sick drum fill edits ~ 0:45. Good start overall. could be a sweet tune.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
23-12-2010 23:00
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 

Since you're obviously using the vocals by Katy B, the song itself is already supposed to be called a remix.
These vocals are way too well-known, so I think you'd better ditch those and look for others that aren't used in famous songs.
The song itself becomes really repetitive with the wobbles.
I like the break you used, but there's still a lot of work to this. More elements needed, and I think there's a bit lack of bass.

Everything else= good job

__

24-12-2010 18:01
Mr. Tuff

Helpfulness rating: 

Wow, thanks for the review. Are those by katy b? I've never heard that track before? oh well, lol. They're just vocals at the end of the day, but thanks for the review on the track, you go into so much depth, shame you had to post it twice really.
Good job I didn't use an amen really, else you'd have thought I'd ripped the whole track Big Grin .

__
Huh
24-12-2010 20:27 Homepage of TuffDread
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Tune contains copyrighted vocals (which is not allowed on this site).
The pads in the intro sound weird (in a bad way) because of their looping).
The main stuff sounds pretty mono and it's pretty repetitive as well.
The break variation is too loud.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
25-12-2010 09:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

bit of katie b where did u get hold of that accappella ? like the intro i think the main synth could do with tightening up a bit the bit crush or sample hold is a bit loose imo beats are ok snare sounds a bit flat break could be bought forwards a tad

__
buy the ticket take the ride
26-12-2010 11:21
2clix 2clix is a male
Doctor Obvious

images/avatars/avatar-3239.jpg

Registration Date: 17-11-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
5 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Ya replace the copyr. vocals, and if you decide to add different ones deffo let em shine moar, katy b sounds congested in this mix *cough* Big Grin
drums are nice lil repetitive but isnt the base for most dance musics? wobbles need moar variation to keep it intersting, Kick needs a bit of beefing, and you need some low end bass but make sure to eq as not to clash and cancel each other out...for 2 minutes not bad, still alot of work to do, keep it up holms

__
Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
27-12-2010 01:31
Dub Bananez
Dub Bananez

images/avatars/avatar-3209.jpg

Registration Date: 06-10-2010

Drumz are nice and sharp. Vocals are cool, like the wobble, maybe make some more wobble edits and streatch some of the sounds. Also save the patch and make some subtle changes to a new patch to add variations. Dig the tune so far. Z

__
http://www.monkeydub.com/
http://www.indajunglerecording.com
http://soundcloud.com/dub-bananez
01-01-2011 13:24 Homepage of Dub Bananez
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » TuffDread - Submission