drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » g2theross - Head Space
Go to the bottom of this page g2theross - Head Space
Author
G2theross

Registration Date: 04-10-2008

Please check out my new track 'Head Space' and post your comments here!

Trying something different style wise. Can anyone recommend what the best sampler would be for editing samples for a glitch type sound?
12-12-2010 12:31
Yoshimaru
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3254.jpg

Registration Date: 19-09-2010

Hello!

Awesome intro, realy love the atmosphere you created. The drums aren't bad but they sound a lil weak. I love what you've done with the snare. When the bass kicks in it really sounds cool but somethimes it sounds to deep and heavy, I can hear it distorting in my headset. Maybe you should've made the drums a bit louder and the bass a bit softer. But still, it all sounds good together. Also the amen break that you threw in should've sounded a bit stronger.

Overall a chill track but a bit more work into it would've made it better. Some changes in the drums maybe? Just to keep it interesting. But you sure found the good sphere. Love spacy tunes.

Keep goin'!
12-12-2010 13:35
den_bert
unregistered
Nice vibes, I like it. Lots of variation too. Bass sounds a little bit lifeless to me, and it gets overwhelmed by the other elements in your track imo. Drums are nice. Mixdown could but a bit better. But I really enjoyed this track! Good work.
13-12-2010 00:16
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

You might want to try D Blue Glitch for Glitchy drums. Bass sounds a bit dead all in all.
I do like the intro a lot, it's really creepy, but some of those sounds are way too loud causing the whole thing to clip.
The snare/clap fails to "snap", it has too much stereo probably.
Love the breakdown a lot. Structure-wise this track is really good.
Work your mixdown (turn down some of the loudest elements), get some life into that bass (filter movement), get those drums to snap more and you have a 5-star track!

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
13-12-2010 12:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

nice vibes in the intro. good use of fx & pads. pretty sick bass - might want some variation in the bass melody after the breakdown or a quick switch up / fill here or there. Your amen is sick clean & has a great presence in the tune. Like the reverb on the snare. the cut-off is a little hard rough at first, but it does work w/ the 4th snare left to ring out. overall definitely interesting. not my style, but i can get down. Wink

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
13-12-2010 16:46
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

cool trak, wikid structer, into and drop, do what the other ppl said and itll b alot better, i wouldnt worry bout the % to much.
14-12-2010 17:43
lead:end lead:end is a male
straight up beastin'

Registration Date: 10-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

the atmospheric sounds are a bit loud imo.. i really dig the glitch sounds, but after a while it gets a bit repetitive play around with it. drums are well placed and made really like em. the bass could use a bit more attack i think to get more of a 'BOOOF' sound?

still i find it quite nice

__
manic depression is only a lame excuse fo being emo.
16-12-2010 07:26
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » g2theross - Head Space