drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » lead:end - First Reason
Go to the bottom of this page lead:end - First Reason
Author
straight up beastin'

Registration Date: 10-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'First Reason' and post your comments here!

i havent been around i a whole long time, due to my computer crashing down and losing pretty much everything. no i have reason because macbooks don't support fruity, and this is the first thing i made since i had some time to learn some stuff.. it's not quite the drumnbass i like myself but it's what came out;; it's a really two steppy song with a lotta bass. lemme know what u think peace

This track has been deleted on the producer's request

__
manic depression is only a lame excuse fo being emo.
09-12-2010 09:54
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

needs a lot of work no offence but the drums sound pants a break would have been good dont like the weird intro random keyboard hammering this sounds like some sort of theme from the 80s for like the a team or night rider or something lol sorry not being an ass just saying what im hearing

__
buy the ticket take the ride
09-12-2010 20:37
clinthammer clinthammer is a male

Registration Date: 09-12-2010

Helpfulness rating: 

I like the bass line a lot in this one. and the cut off work is genius. I am new to this site but have been on looperman for a while, and I havent heard anything like this. Very original. really diggin the arrangement.

__
-CH
09-12-2010 21:39 Homepage of clinthammer
Phase One

Registration Date: 17-10-2010

This track has a great sound. Like the intro, could maybe do with a bit more building up with effects. I like the synth work although in some places sounds like it modulates out of time. The main thing that lets it down is the beats. Both the kickdrum and snare sound weak. Try compressing that kickdum. Layer a longer releasing snare with more high end on to the one uve got. Then compress that as well. The high hats in most places sound too quiet and thin. This is why the track lacks pace. Could do with more effects in the drops. Good effort overall. Just needs beefing up a bit.

__
Hope for the best, plan for the worst!
09-12-2010 22:03
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Sorry mate i have to agree with Pusha on this one.
Its all a bit random and nothing sits well.
When the bass and lead comes in, there sounds like quantize mistakes happening and is just all a bit weird. No offence but the idea might be there but not my thing.
10-12-2010 00:25
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Agree with other comments about things not sitting well in the mix and tune not having a structure.
Keep working your way in on Reason, it's hard to switch DAW.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
10-12-2010 11:52 Homepage of BattleDrone
lead:end lead:end is a male
straight up beastin'

Registration Date: 10-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 

thanx for the advice i'll start compressing the shit out of the snare and the kickdrum... as for the fx int the drops, i would put them there but i have nooo clue whatso ever on how to use reason.. i find it all verry confusing with the wires and stuff, small changes take forever.. any hints on what plugin to use for compressing? peas

__
manic depression is only a lame excuse fo being emo.
16-12-2010 00:03
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » lead:end - First Reason