drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » simage - Snowy Solitude
Go to the bottom of this page simage - Snowy Solitude
Author
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Please check out my new track 'Snowy Solitude' and post your comments here!

A very "chill" song.
I hope you like it.
I would like to add some airy vocals but the search continues Wink
also, the drum samples might change, but I want to download the vengeance pack but I can't get on the internet on my producing pc so...

OK this is a bad conversion rate, but it was the only way I could put the song on my cellphone and then send it to a pc with internet using bluetooth so don't mind it being 128 kbs plz :p

ENJOY

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by simage: 01-12-2010 21:04.

01-12-2010 20:55
Glodaragz Glodaragz is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3266.jpg

Registration Date: 26-06-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

The Intro is good, so relaxing.Also the piano is good, but you have to make more variations on the melody.Your drums are good,maybe more hats would be good.Kick should be louder,i can't hear/feel it.Also the part when bell come is good.Also if you put one more snare that should sound good.
This is your best tune and keep it up,finish this,u have nice stuff here.
Hope this helped Smile
01-12-2010 22:31 Homepage of Glodaragz
additive additive is a male
DROP IT!

images/avatars/avatar-2973.png

Registration Date: 09-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

you're getting quite good Simon. I like the sounds in this better than anything you've done previously. The drums are sounding much more organised too.. Personally I would layer some more hits over the break (or possibly layer a more organic sounding break over the break you have). it's good work though.
The piano is also quite nice in this.. very listenable.
The only thing that's still lacking a bit is depth in the bass.
If you think of your bass in 3 layers like:
1. Sub Bass(I usually do between 30 and 80 Hz)
2. Mid Bass (100 to 250Hz)
3. High Bass (you have some nice high bass in there already.. 300Hz+)
this might help you.

The track is lacking is a bit of identity... something that sets it apart from the others, and makes people recognise it immediately.. within the first few bars.. Kind of a hook. An original sound, or two that people are surprised by.

Also some tension might be nice.. it's almost there but not quite. Dissonance is something you're good with, so perhaps put some of that in as it leads into drops.

Very nice effort this time. You're coming along in leaps and bounds. Keep at it.

__
http://www.additivemusic.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/additive-music/497601575363?ref=ts
02-12-2010 01:30 Homepage of additive
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

wow si,
your really making some great headway recently.
youve come along way since your 1st lil dabbles in dnb.

altho the beat is a lil repeatative(not an issue in this instance)
everything else holds my attention quite nicely.
(im still not a lover of the "ish ish" snare, but thats just me m8 )
perhaps raise the keys volume a lil more,
the keys could send shizzers down my spine Smile
as they are now thier tickling my spine.

excellent stuff m8.

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by m-ej: 02-12-2010 11:04.

02-12-2010 11:03
freddy reeks freddy reeks is a male
break yo self foooo

images/avatars/avatar-3050.jpg

Registration Date: 10-02-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I fekin love the bline, The drums r missing some perc. imo, maby som fx in places 2. Nice tune overall,some wikid sounds that fit really well 2gether. big up rudy
03-12-2010 23:03
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

like the piano very netsky i take it he is one of your infuences like it a lot snare sounds like it could do with a bit more meat to it not a lot just some thing to push the white noise sounding snare forwards a bit think if you added some kind of liquid sounds arp or stabs would give track a bit of lift maybe like the strings good track man just a few alterations would be sweet . do u sample your own piano ?

__
buy the ticket take the ride
05-12-2010 18:59
BLoodstain BLoodstain is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 27-03-2009

Your kick needs to be improved, you can't hear it that good, very nice sub, soothing melody which makes me calm and wanna chill out, i do hope that's the sound your going for.

Anyway more compression on the kick, and it could use more variation in the drums.

Synths are very nice.

Groetjes,
subtitude
06-12-2010 22:41 Homepage of BLoodstain
TitaniumFilms TitaniumFilms is a male
Mike

images/avatars/avatar-3245.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2010

The best I have heard yet on this site. Sounds like a Linkin Park intro for the first 30 seconds and when the bass starts it seems to pick up. Sounds like something playing when a person is walking down a rainy city street and realizing mistakes and how to change them. Honestly, do not change anything with this song. Even though it is repetitive, it changes often enough to give you the thought that it is all different. It definitely sounds like something that would play in my local Sushi restaurant too! Asian feel! Make more music like this!
31-12-2010 02:02
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » simage - Snowy Solitude