drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Azlateen - Heave
Go to the bottom of this page Azlateen - Heave
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

Please check out my new track 'Heave' and post your comments here!

Some simple half time stuff. Honestly, not sure where to go with it, little help would be cool, considering different FX, melodies, harmonies, anything. I know I'll need another beat, but that's the easy part.

I don't expect huge ratings, just some feedback on where it could go. Specifics are nice too.
24-11-2010 20:54
simage
Simplicity is the key

Registration Date: 19-03-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Loving the reese but imo the stereoimage is way too wide. It almost hurts my ears. I'd make it a bit more mono, You've got some awesome sounds inhere and melody is nice too!
I like it. Just the reese a bit too wide.

keep it up. Look forward to the finished version

__

24-11-2010 22:27
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Like it (which I rarely do with halfstep).
Love the drums (esp. snare).
I wouldn't go for too much melodies, it sounds pretty mean, which is good and melodies only brak that atmosphere.
Maybe drop it at fullstep, add some FX and stuff to keep it entertaining. The snare would probably not work at dnb speed.
Great stereo.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
25-11-2010 20:34 Homepage of BattleDrone
hellnegative
Producer

Registration Date: 02-08-2009

It reminds me of some oldschool industrial! I friggin Love it mate! Keep it upp and I look forward to more from ya in the future!
26-11-2010 14:58
Hidden identity Hidden identity is a male
Wicked Producer

Registration Date: 17-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.21

I think the song sofar sounds decent. I think its emotion is sortof passive like background music. Normally I hear DnB that has agressive feelings in it.

__
I'm trying to unfuck my sig.
26-11-2010 23:56
TarekFM
Tourist

Registration Date: 19-11-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

Hi Azlateen,

I like the overall concept of the track. There are a few really wicked drumstep tracks around regardless of some popular opinion, defo not a genre to sleep on.

Now about your track...I honestly don't think the drums are your weak point.

Maybe others won't agree as they seem to like your Reese, however, these kinds of midrange sounds have become an obsession for me so i will give my 2 cents.

I works very well with your sub and all, however, its seems to be lacking some midrange or "body" frequencies for lack of a better explanation.

If you listen to tracks by any of the neurofunk gr8s, or even dubsteppers(or even my tune) that use reese like sounds you will notice that they sound quite full, even w/o the sub.....ie they will sound full even on sh&* speakers....this is obviously just a suggestion, however, if the pros do it...........

for the style of track, it feels as if the backgrounds are not menacing enough and make it seem almost like commercial library music, which is not a problem if that is your intention...you may even make more money down that route.....but I am guessing that was not your intention.

Anyways i feel you have a great skeleton that can be fleshed out to a monster if you see it through..keep up the good work!!
Tarek-FM

__
Heavy Nu-Neuro-Check out new 174bpm monster-Liberation (WIP):

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TarekFM: 27-11-2010 00:24.

27-11-2010 00:22
eurk0 eurk0 is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 28-05-2008

too much bass but it isnt really punchy. the kick isnt quite there. the bass is too simple and heard a lot of times anyway. it has no groove. i didnt really get it to be honest. good luck next time

__
http://soundcloud.com/eurk0
28-11-2010 13:17
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Azlateen - Heave